StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Mentally preparing for first night of exotic dancing….advice?

• JeHanne

April 9, 2013 at 8:41 pm

This link has some stuff that is helpful on some essentials, you will get your own bag of supplies together. (I've never seen a lap sheet or wrap in the club.)

http://www.tipmenmyclothesfalloff.com/p/what-every-exotic-dancer-stripper-needs.html

Take extra change of clothes, especially thongs and extra pair of shoes (even if you leave in your car). Shoes can break and you don't want to be without a pair, you would get sent home most likely.

Confidence and interaction is a must. Don't look disengaged or bored. You are better off freshening up backstage then sitting around and not working the floor. 

and a biggie… tip out your DJ and Bouncers well. You want them in your corner. 

Have fun!

• Serzi

April 9, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Trick for faking eye-contact (if you feel uncomfortable), look at them between the brows. Imagine they all have little red dots on their foreheads and they’ll seldom know the difference. A dancer I knew called it “the sniper dot”. She joked that if a guy pissed her off she just imagined him being shot and he was “dead” to her the rest of the night. Inside joke that helped her smile more when she had a lousy night.

• Anonyma

April 10, 2013 at 12:44 pm

oh and i forgot, bring something like a piece of fabric  to sit on , because you never know what was on those chairs before ewww 😛 

• Hannadust74058221

September 25, 2019 at 6:26 am

I’m starting next week as a first timer… I’m so scared and have been holding off for a while because of my nerves and anxiety! I haven’t practiced routines or anything… I don’t knw what songs to pick, how many outfits to bring, nothing! But I’ve wanted to do it for years now and finally am… what do i need to do to prepare for my first night?! HELP!!

• Rachel Osborne

September 25, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Go to stripperweb and have a good old read. All the best info there; see also @survivetheclub on Instagram- good luck

• Hannadust74058221

September 27, 2019 at 8:20 am

Thank you

• Sammy Sparkles

September 28, 2019 at 2:28 am

If you are looking for outfits check out Solstice Intimates on IG, they have absolutely beautiful and sexy underwear and bodysuits that I think would be perfect for exotic dancing. Their stuff is kind of pricey but it really is beautiful.

• Sammy Sparkles

September 28, 2019 at 2:32 am

Also follow The Queen of Sexy on IG. She is a former stripper and is a big advocate for strippers and their rights and worth as people (A lot of people do look down upon sex workers unfortunately) She is absolutely amazing with her facial expressions and eye contact and it makes her look incredibly confident and like she is having a lot of fun. I really really recommend her content for strippers and pole dancers.

• PoleWithSoul

September 28, 2019 at 9:05 pm

Have strong boundaries with EVERYONE you meet, whether they are friendly or mean, don’t let anybody’s behavior (good or bad) get in your head. Focus on people who are respectful to you and shut down or disengage with anyone or anything that makes you feel hurt, scared, confused etc. Stay safe and sober 🙂

Page 2 of 2