StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Lunchbox aka my nemesis

• Lunchbox aka my nemesis

Posted by angel6101 on August 9, 2009 at 6:43 pm

Ok I’m sure someone’s already discussed this but one of the moves I’ve always struggled with is the lunchbox. Doesn’t seem to matter what I do I just can’t stick it. The funny part is I can do a bow and arrow but bringing both legs back just doesn’t work for me. I don’t know if it’s body type or what but any and all tips would be appreciated…it’s beautiful move and I’d love to be able to say I can do it too!!!

SissyBuns replied 14 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • blueeyes

August 13, 2009 at 4:37 am

Hi there! This was a toughy move for me also until TADA.. my instructor told me the perfect trick.
    You may already be doing it.. but you need to tilt your head to one side.. doesnt matter which. this helps you arch your back for balance, it did wonders for me! give it a shot and make sure you have a good grip!!

• RoxyPink

August 13, 2009 at 12:30 pm

The head to the side is a great tips…I also have to look at the floor when doing the lunchbox. How are you going into it? When I was first learning this I would do a handstand and then grab the pole behind me so that I was in a pencil…from there I would slowly allow one leg to go back and when I felt comfortable I would start letting the second leg go back…

you also have to have a good bit of flexibility and strength in both of your back and stomach…which I know you have! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif Sometimes I still have to focus on "relaxing" my back to allow me to bend more in this move.

Can you post a vid? Maybe that would help us!!

• SissyBuns

August 13, 2009 at 3:39 pm

Oooooo, that’s what this move is called. It’s such an impressive looking move though. Everytime I see someone do it I go "Woooooow" LOL.

I hope you get it figured out and I can’t wait to see a vid.