StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Losing tricks when too tired @ the end of practise

• Losing tricks when too tired @ the end of practise

Posted by Shellectra on September 21, 2011 at 7:46 am

I know this is silly but is it normal to not be able to do strength tricks near the end of 1.5-2hours of practise cos of exhausted arms and body? I know the answer is yes but just let me know if it happens to you so I can ease the worry in my stupid mind LOL.  After 1.5-2hrs of pole if I keep trying hard tricks I an unable to do them when I get really tired… TG stuff and cartwheel mount holds.  Then ending on this bad note leaves me worried til I pole again that I've lost the moves! I'm a silly billy right? https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_porc.gif

Shellectra replied 12 years, 8 months ago 7 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • polergirl

September 21, 2011 at 7:54 am

Not only is it normal to be unable to do difficult strength tricks if you're exhausted, but you run a bigger risk of hurting yourself, IMO. When we're tired our form tends to go south, and that can lead to an injury because correct form is important for the safety of most big tricks.

So yes, you're normal!  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• Shellectra

September 21, 2011 at 7:55 am

Thanks polergirl!! I stop practise when I get to that point, but yeah I hate ending on a bad note if you get my drift! 🙂

• AmazonLady

September 21, 2011 at 8:49 am

Happens to me all the time!  You're completely normal.  🙂   Maybe get the harder strength moves out of the way first and then do the easier stuff at the end of practice.  Or break the 2hr session into two 1hr sessions.

• hookedonpole

September 21, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Yup, same here!  I love it when I can accomplish a couple of shoulder mounts,etc. during a practice.  Then I spend time working on different things.  As I'm getting ready to cool down, I decide to throw in another shoulder mount and sometimes cannot get up.  Instead of forcing it or other things, I realize it's time to stop before I hurt myself (which I did few years ago)

I think most of us have been there…done that.  You're not alone

• Cherished

September 21, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Yeah same here 🙂

I do what amazon lady suggested and go with the hard moves first to get them out of the way. If I do a 2nd session I'll do them last just to see if I'm getting stronger and am ready to put them with the "normal" moves yet.

• JeHanne

September 21, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I agree with all the replies you have gotten. Totally normal! Be really careful when you are at the end of your pratice and fatigued… you are much more likely to have bad form or lose grip, etc etc. All dangrous situations when you are off the ground and possibly inverted.

Tweak your schedule to find what works for you. I do my heavy hitting moves in the middle of my session. For me it works because I am warmed up but also have strength. At the end I'm not even good to make a piece of toast. LOL.

You will find what works for your body best. Let us know how it goes! 

• LizzyLiz810

September 21, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Usually after i teach 2 classes in a row, and do a good free dance, i can barely invert 😛

Its totally normal. Just be careful. I have learned when to call it quits, cuz i almost got hurt. 

• Shellectra

September 22, 2011 at 3:56 am

Thanks lovelies!!!! I feel better lol 🙂 hookedonpole – YES Thats so what I do! I do cartwheel mounts and fun hard things at the start, then later at the end when I've done other holds and things I want to just do 1 or 2 more coz I want to see "I still have it" and I can't get up sometimes cos im so tired, and then I think I've lost it LOL.  I'm a loser haha!! I should stop trying to redo them at the end me thinks