StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions LEG STRENGTH and 15 month old story lol

• LEG STRENGTH and 15 month old story lol

Posted by tialee on September 25, 2009 at 6:04 pm

Hello, I have been poling for years now but never got into the more advanced moves. Now that I have my own pole I am trying these moves but I don’t have the strength to hold on with only my thighs??? Anyone else have or had this problem and know how to fix it?

VEENA off topic…
    I am also a mommy of four. 3 boys 1 girl. I laughed watching your boys work on the spins! My 15month old was outside with me and went up to a pole and lifted his leg up and then squated down!! It was so funny cause everytime I work out he is in the basement with me. I guess all along he was picking up tips. Now when I work out he goes over to the support pole in the basement and copies me LOL!!! I have to take a vid.

tialee replied 14 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • FreeTheSun

September 26, 2009 at 1:57 am

I had issues with the thighs for a while (and still do every once in a while). For me it was just practice, squeezing harder than I ever thought possible, and keeping focus and pressure while dealing with the pain of squashed muscles and pole burn. Beyond that I have heard squeezing the bum helps too. I’m squeezing so much I don’t even know what things I’m using anymore https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_rabbit.gif . So I’m not much help but you’re not alone.

Your son sounds adorable.

• tialee

September 26, 2009 at 9:33 pm

Good to know I am not alone. I never thought of the bum too but that sounds like a good idea! I have to try it. Thanks

• Veena

Administrator
    September 27, 2009 at 3:46 am

VEENA off topic…
    I am also a mommy of four. 3 boys 1 girl. I laughed watching your boys work on the spins! My 15month old was outside with me and went up to a pole and lifted his leg up and then squated down!! It was so funny cause everytime I work out he is in the basement with me. I guess all along he was picking up tips. Now when I work out he goes over to the support pole in the basement and copies me LOL!!! I have to take a vid.

Haha great story!!

As for leg strength…it will come…, squats, pole sits, leg raises to name a few can all help. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• tialee

September 27, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Okay stupid question, what are leg raises? I have been working on squats where I am on my tip toes and I try to do about 30 to 50 at a time. I am also having some trouble with my left wrist but it has gotten alot stronger. I try to lift a weight with the back of my hand facing up, like if your looking at a ring on your finger and then I lift it back. Is that right? I will buy the lessons on Tuesday so hopefully those will help me also.

• Veena

Administrator
    September 27, 2009 at 2:59 pm

The leg raises will be in the lessons, in fact all of the exercises I mentioned will be…. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• tialee

September 27, 2009 at 6:15 pm

YES!!! The butt thing worked!!!!!!!!!! I was able to stay on with only using my legs! Can’t wait till I join so I can learn more!!