StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Kicking into inverts

• Mary Ellyn

July 26, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Thanks Amy and yes, in the mid air SM I am definitley swinging…as I said I cannot deadlift though I think the one from kneeling on the floor is pretty close to a deadlift.

Either way I cannot even lift my hips a tiny bit from the seated position.

• Mary Ellyn

July 26, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Thanks Amy and yes, in the mid air SM I am definitley swinging…as I said I cannot deadlift though I think the one from kneeling on the floor is pretty close to a deadlift.

Either way I cannot even lift my hips a tiny bit from the seated position.

• Miraine

July 27, 2011 at 12:53 pm

@Amy – Last night I tried the Yoga Plow move as you recommended, and found that easy, no need to swing for momentum at all, arms down or up.  Didn't struggle with that at all.  This afternoon I put my pole back up, and tried lifts from the floor.  Completely on the floor, fine.  Shoulders up even just a couple of inches, no go.  Couldn't lift my hips one tiny bit!  Quite vexing.

@Chemgoddess – That might have seemed like an obvious thing, the lack of pelvic tilt, but it really hadn't occured to me at all!  Just tried a chopper invert (my first in a couple of months due to illness) and with the awareness of that, got my hips up quite a bit higher than I did before.  Thanks for that!

Page 2 of 2