StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Just inverted by accident!

• Just inverted by accident!

Posted by Audball on February 10, 2010 at 8:15 pm

So I’m doing my practice right now, every time, I sort try an invert, but not properly as I didn’t think I could. I’ve been focusing on not jumping/swinging into it. I didn’t swing my leg or anything and got up there, but I dont know if i’m doing it right. It feels fine and I don’t feel as if i’m going to fall.. although I think i’ll still wait for my bf to get home from the gym til I try again!

I’ve been poling for just over a month now and I’m always very careful, so I don’t want to mess up now! How can I be sure i’m doing it right. Should I post a vid so you experienced people can tell me?

Aaagh!!

amy replied 14 years, 5 months ago 7 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • polergirl

February 10, 2010 at 9:24 pm

A vid would help. Two things that can help you test whether you’re jumping or kicking: can you invert from a kneeling position? Or (slightly less hard but still a pretty good test) can you do it while standing on your tippy tippy tippy toes so that you know you aren’t jumping or kicking?

• Audball

February 10, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Okay I’ll be honest, I can’t do it from my knees, but I seem to be able to do it on my tippy toes. Is there anything in specific I should work on to strengthen my abs and make sure I can do it right?

• chemgoddess1

February 10, 2010 at 9:57 pm

I don’t know if I could invert from my knees and I can aerial invert.

Pole knee raises are what helped me. Hold like you would for an invert and raise your knees to your chest, let them straight and then lift again (without touching the ground). Do as many as you can and then switch sides. They are kind of like the knee raises you would do using a pull up bar or ab straps.

• Veena

Administrator
    February 10, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Sounds like your doing it right to me…you should post a vid anyway then we can help you if you need it and you can show your accomplishment!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

• Gsylass

February 10, 2010 at 10:28 pm

Yay how exciting!! Can’t wait to see the vid! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

• polergirl

February 10, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Okay I’ll be honest, I can’t do it from my knees, but I seem to be able to do it on my tippy toes. Is there anything in specific I should work on to strengthen my abs and make sure I can do it right?

I think if you can do it from your tippy toes you’re probably just fine then! Video, video, video!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif I second the pole knee ups. If those seem easy, switch to extended leg raises, or go up into a knee raise, then extend your legs and slowly let them back down. Those last two will put hair on your chest, lol.

• Audball

February 10, 2010 at 11:03 pm

I can do knee raises, I’ve been practicing those, although I don’t find them easy as such! I usually stop doing them as I don’t feel they’re working my abs (maybe I didn’t do enough!) Will look through my footage and upload a vid asap. Thanks guys! (yay!) https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

• polergirl

February 10, 2010 at 11:07 pm

When you do them, reallllllly concentrate on crunching your ab muscles to lift your knees. If you don’t feel they’re getting worked, you may be using your back muscles more, or your hip flexors (which do require some ab assistance).

• Audball

February 10, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Thanks polergirl, i’ll try that next time, maybe later tonight. I got the CKR today too, (good day for me!) coming back up into a pole sit really works the abs, so maybe i’ll try doing like CKR crunches?! lol!

• polergirl

February 10, 2010 at 11:31 pm

Thanks polergirl, i’ll try that next time, maybe later tonight. I got the CKR today too, (good day for me!) coming back up into a pole sit really works the abs, so maybe i’ll try doing like CKR crunches?! lol!

I do CAR crunches….I figure while I’m up there I might as well get a little extra workout. HA! I also do elbow stand to CAR to pole sit pretty often.

Yay for you on the good pole day!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Audball

February 10, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Hehe thanks! I’m so happy! Maybe be my last poling session until next week unfortunately so nice to stop on a good note. Will have a vid up in a few mins hopefully https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• SissyBuns

February 10, 2010 at 11:48 pm

I’m waiting to see that video girl!!!!
    Hurray for you! I like when inverting happens on accident. That usually means you were working on other things and weren’t rushing into it and then it just happened because you’re ready. I’m happy for you.

• Audball

February 11, 2010 at 12:27 am

Okay the vids up. Can I apologise in advance for my booty kind of hanging out of my panties! Had intended to put on a pair of shorts, but got too excited about inverting and forgot, lol!

• SissyBuns

February 11, 2010 at 12:33 am

Okay the vids up. Can I apologise in advance for my booty kind of hanging out of my panties! Had intended to put on a pair of shorts, but got too excited about inverting and forgot, lol!

You better not apologize for the booty!!!!

• polergirl

February 11, 2010 at 12:35 am

Sweetness! Those look FAB and strong! Make sure you get into the habit of keeping the pole between your legs, though, rather than wrapping both around the front and then switching one to the back. If your hands were to slip you’d have nothing at all to hold yourself up with or slow down your descent.

Page 1 of 2