StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions It’s A Brand New StudioVeena.Com

• HilaryKate aka LolaSlaytor

November 4, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I’m using Mac OS.X 10.6.8 and my browser is Safari 5.1.10
    But they were the same versions etc prior to the website change and I wasn’t having problems with video then…

• Webmaster

Administrator
    November 4, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Lola, Safari 5.1 has issues with modern flash video codecs. I would suggest updating your computer to OS X Mavericks which is free.

• Webmaster

Administrator
    November 4, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Optionally you can install a browser like chrome or firefox

• Saphyre

November 4, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Hi Lola. Just want to let you know that I had the EXACT issue you are having. Chrome works, but I didn’t want to use a different browser. I did the Mavericks upgrade that Webbie recommended. There are a few visual changes I need to get used to, but I didn’t have any big issues with it. The best part is that the pauses and buffering stopped!!!

• CreativityBySteffie

November 5, 2013 at 4:04 am

Hii. I love the new site, but I havent been able to upload a video, since it launched. I’ve tried on chrome, firefox and eksplore. I’ve updates silverlight, and still, it wont work? I miss uploading vids :/

• Prplegrl10

November 5, 2013 at 8:15 am

I don’t know if someone else already asked this but we will be getting the recent video upload previews/link again in the daily update email? I miss that 🙂

• casandrakunkle1802

November 6, 2013 at 10:01 am

Hi! I am new to this site and my only suggestion for this is I have been watching all the videos users have been uploading and I noticed every time I go back it doesn’t save the spot I was at on the list. It’s pretty frustrating having to open a separate window and close that down just to see all the great videos! 🙂

• Webmaster

Administrator
    November 7, 2013 at 9:36 am

If you’ve been having trouble uploading videos could you try again. I have made some changes that should fix the problem.

• blondebird

November 13, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I agree with Prplegrl10 about getting the recent video upload previews/link in the daily update email. I miss that too! I can’t upload large videos still (say over 200mb) but can upload smaller ones.

• klaus e berger9168

November 14, 2013 at 5:39 am

I totally agree with blondebird! I miss the daily update email with the recent video upload!!

• Webmaster

Administrator
    November 14, 2013 at 9:08 am

A little background on the videos and why they aren’t currently in the the newsletter.

First: we couldn’t fit all the uploads into the email we limited it to five that were randomly selected from that day’s uploads.

Second: They had a tendency to break the emails because of the required layout.

I am exploring notification options but haven’t come to any kind of decision yet.

• HilaryKate aka LolaSlaytor

September 19, 2014 at 2:47 pm

I just had an idea about a feature that I would love to see incorporated on the Veena website if possible – is there any way to have the length of videos displayed on the Videos page where it lists them all? Sometimes when I don’t have a lot of time, I still want to watch a quick video… problem is when I don’t know how long they will be, I run the risk of getting “sucked in” – you know, when suddenly a half hour has passed and you had gotten so caught up in watching videos that you lost track of time? I find that on youtube, when I can see how long a video will be, it makes it a bit easier to force myself to stop watching after that one that I have time for…
    Just a suggestion!

Page 4 of 4