StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Itac2 Change in formula??

• Itac2 Change in formula??

Posted by Cherished on November 28, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

I ordered a new container of Itac2. My last container is probably 2 years old. The label is a little different. The new one says Pole Dance Grip Extra Strength and the old one says Total Absolute Control. 

I don't know if I got a bad batch or if there has been a change but the new one is very mushy and feels oily or greasy. I only use Itac2 behind the knees and on the side of the knees for practising Holly drops. I didn't try it out yet because I still have some of my old stuff left and I'm afraid to slip with the new one. I guess I'll resort to my stack of pillows and give it a try. 

In the meantime I'm wondering, have any of you bought Itac2 recently? If you did is there a difference from your last container or was it just fine?

Mine just feels so greasy.

Cherished replied 11 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • CapFeb

November 28, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Itac changed the formula but still makes the old one…might have to wait for Chem to save the day and find the thread since I can’t find it at work :p

• chemgoddess1

November 28, 2012 at 7:23 pm

I did not know they changed the formula….

Do you know what "level" you ordered?  I do know that there are 4 different levels (not sure if there alwasy were).  I also know that this stuff seriously dries out over time so there is a good possibility that the old stuff you had started out this "greasy" but then dried out over the last 2 years.

• chemgoddess1

November 28, 2012 at 7:24 pm

I think you are thinking of Tite Grip CapFeb.

• luvlee

November 28, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Good to know it dries out!!! I have had mine a couple years too and I thought it seemed dryer. It is almost gone.

• Cherished

November 30, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Thanks for the response Cap & Chem

I'm so sure it was level 2. Even though the old container doesn't say.  At the time I ordered, I think the website recommended that level for polers and the design had little pole dancer silhouettes on the container.

@Chem & Luvlee: It definitely dried out but I remember the first time I used it I was practically glued to the pole whereas in this container that says extra strength feels slippery. I'll try it more in depth over the weekend with pillows and put an update to say if it worked or not. (I'm so not interested in falling out of a holly drop even with padding!)

Also, the site doesn't seem to offer Itac in levels anymore. On the pole page the container pictured says level 2 but when you click to buy the choices are Regular or Extra Strength and the labels have different colors for different sports.

• luvlee

November 30, 2012 at 9:14 pm

WHat sight are you ordering from?? Remember to rub your hnds together a lot first and test the grip. I don't want you to fall either!!!

• Cherished

November 30, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Hi Luvlee

I was referring to this site in my latest post as far as labels and colours:

http://itac2.com/

The first site I used is now out of service. The 2nd site was microfiber.com and I just ordered from itac2.com (regular strength) because I read on ebay that Itac2 Extra Strength equals level 4 and that regular equals level 2 which is what I had originally. I hope that's why I see such a difference and that regular strength will be like what I started with. 

I'll post back about the regular strength when I get it.

• Cherished

December 20, 2012 at 7:18 am

Okay update: I got the Itac regular strength in the mail and it has the same mushiness as the extra strength. I guess I will like both of them better when they start to dry out.

I'm almost at the point where I can do holly drops without grip aid but I'm too nervous after a slight slip a long time ago. Some days I stick in my HDs better if I apply a minimal amount of Itac and some days I stick better by using more (warning – some days  more seems to add slipperyness). I guess it's a combination of other stick factures: skin moisure, weather room temp, pole (sometimes it's super clean and other times I can't get it just right) 

Anyway that's the latest chapter in my Hollydrop – Itac journey