StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Is there any hope for a 46 yr old newbie?

• Cazzzz

August 16, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Right now I can barely do a pole hold (as demonstrated in Veena’s lessons). I can make it up the pole for one climb and that’s about it. Now that I’ve got the subscapularis and triceps trigger points settled down from my first fervent week of classes, I can put in place the conditioning exercises Veena offers. My pole studio doesn’t even talk about conditioning. It’s like being thrown in the river to learn how to swim!

• ginger78

August 16, 2014 at 11:29 pm

As a 46 year old that has been on the pole for 4 years you never stop learning and you get stronger with each attempt. You will find moves you love and moves you hate, you will rejoice with each achievement and soak your bruises later. I pole to find myself after a tough week at work. The music fills and recharges me and the flow that I create from freestyle dance or the learning of a new move or taking a spin and making it my own is what keeps me coming back.

• Caribbean

August 17, 2014 at 9:59 am

My husband got me a pole for my 46th birthday last December. I only practice 30 minutes 4-5 days a week. Today not only I Am surprised for the moves and techniques I can do but my husband’s mouth stays open when he sees me dancing. You can do it. You will feel so much sexier. This is the best exercise I have done. I canceled my gym membership. Don’t need it anymore. Have fun and enjoy it.

• Cazzzz

August 17, 2014 at 11:07 am

gilt1414, that sounds like a good plan – 30min a day, 4-5 days a week. I’m gonna copy you. 🙂

• Caribbean

August 18, 2014 at 11:26 am

Keep us informed of your progress. You will be surprised on how well you will do and how fast you will learn.

• Fatima

August 18, 2014 at 1:08 pm

YES!!!! I started at 43, pole fitness with your exact history. Still at it and love it. It is not easy, but I love the movement and the flexability I have accomplished. I found that yoga compliments the sport and gives you more longevity. Helps with injury prevention

• MD5677

August 18, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Hey! I am born and bred Tucsonian. Went to Catalina high. I am 51 and been poling for about 9 months. It is absolutely doable – just take your time. I would say strength and conditioning is priority for getting a good start. My problem is now I have developed poler friends – most are much younger than me. So sometimes it’s a rude awakening that I am not 29 anymore physically :). Good luck, stay on Veena for encouragement and make it your own journey!

• Bpleasant3167

August 18, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Yes! I started at 45. I’m turning 50 in May and recently became a pole instructor. I’m getting stronger and better.

• Girl On A Pole

August 29, 2014 at 8:27 am

Oh goodness yes! I’m 12 weeks in as a 40-something poler with girls young enough to be my daughters. I LOVE it. I am in Ireland and my teacher is a world champ and she is my inspiration. I love working with her, learning, growing as a poler.
    I’ve moved very quickly into intermediate stuff such as half flag and polecat, Cupid and figurehead. Every little success is a joy! I remember how it felt to pull myself up into the start of half flag. Bliss.
    Enjoy your journey. It’s addictive.

• lexus45812

August 31, 2014 at 9:58 am

If Greta ponterelli (spelled wrong) can do this at 63 yes anyone can

• dlp5057

August 31, 2014 at 10:02 pm

I’m 55 and been going a little over a year, usually only twice a week. Couldn’t climb a pole for 3 months then. I do some things well now, like a Helicopter and Gemini, other things like a Handspring…they’re taking longer. It’s gotten me in shape again…. And I’m getting there doing something I love. You will too! 🙂

Page 2 of 2