StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Is there a tutorial on this move.. (I just can’t get it!)

• Is there a tutorial on this move.. (I just can’t get it!)

Posted by Shellectra on June 13, 2011 at 8:07 am

I can't get this move for the life of me! Either leg on or leg off version… Anyone got any hints of how to get into it?? Do I go from a pole sit or a pole crucifix (legs straight crossed rather than bent crossed) and then do I lean down and get the opposite arm back around the other side of the pole? I can get this JUST (painfully, is it meant to be hard haha) then don't know what to do so just fall off

http://www.bodybarre.co.uk/images/Uploads/image/BB-137.JPG

Shellectra replied 12 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • BACE16

June 13, 2011 at 8:17 am

I had not seen that move before.  It looks pretty hard.  I always wonder with tricks like that if the back is supposed to be on the pole at all.  Or if you can hold or rest the back on the pole and not injure yourself.

• chumpchkin

June 13, 2011 at 8:28 am

I can do that move, but only from the floor. I think you can do it from a crucifix, but you have to have a very flexible back–which I don't, yet. Studio409's latest video might help:

https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/4df10c4c-b498-48ee-af2d-1ab80ac37250

• amy

June 13, 2011 at 9:15 am

i dont think you need a super flexible back, in the picture that's posted in the inital post you can see her back is relatively straight and not very arched but you will find this much more difficult if you have a very SHORT torso! there's a bunch of tricks to getting into position– this is what i've found works for most people (this is assuming you climb with right foot behind and are coming to a sit with your body to the left of the pole):

go from a sit. grip the pole between your knees and calves and sit your butt a little bit back from the pole. if your crotch is right against the pole, you will get vey very stuck when you bring your side around. lean forward and try to lay your chest on your thighs. THEN twist to rotate your chest and point your left shoulder up the the ceiling. when you grab for the pole, bring your left arm OUT then up– as you are rotating your shoulders, you should open your knees so that your hips open also– if you watch this vid of me doing it at about 2:50, (https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/4d232d0b-3570-41a0-bf14-32d00ac37250) , you can see my knees gap apart a second before i grab my foot- if i didn't spread my knees, and kept my hips facing forward, i wouldn't get as open as i need to in order to reach that right foot. the version in the pic is the same trick, just without grabbing the back foot. the pole is held in tension between the back of the left arm, your back, and the inside of your right thigh. hope that helps!

• Veena

Administrator
    June 13, 2011 at 10:48 am
  • Shellectra

June 14, 2011 at 9:31 am

Thanks so much for that Amy!!! I will try what you said 🙂 And Veena thanks heaps that stretch looks perfect!