StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Is it Just Me?

• Is it Just Me?

Posted by JoleneBell on May 27, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Or does anyone else sigh with longing to have a pole in their yard, outside, amidst the fresh air, mown grass, and birdsong?

grayeyes replied 9 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • byrdgrrl

May 27, 2014 at 10:45 pm

I have a Lyra and a climbing rope that I rig outside. It takes a little extra planning to get good conditions, but I think it’s worth it though.

• Veena

Administrator
    May 28, 2014 at 10:15 am

I love doing any kind of workout outside!!!

• johnssdeere

May 28, 2014 at 11:09 am

I love being outside! I sucked it up and bought a stage pole for this reason. I typically take her to the park, because I’m still a little concerned with neighbors expressions. We hoop outside everyday!

• grayeyes

May 28, 2014 at 7:33 pm

I work on my silks outside and only outside because I don’t have anywhere to hang them inside, which greatly limits the time of year I can play on them. I also wasn’t prepared for how much humidity/sweat would alter what I can do on them. I get stuck in them as it is but if I’m sticky/sweaty it’s a recipe for disaster. I have a very private yard and would love to have a pole outside but can’t justify the expense…yet.

• johnssdeere

May 29, 2014 at 7:20 am

I’ve never really used silks but could you put dry hands on your body or baby powder to help with the sweat?

• byrdgrrl

May 29, 2014 at 9:35 am

I had to pretty much give up on my outside silks when I moved a couple of years ago. I lost my nice sheltered spot, and the breeze made it so that I would just tire myself out chasing the tails when trying to do anything, or get tangled once I had managed to do something.

• grayeyes

May 29, 2014 at 10:28 pm

@johnsdeere It never even occurred to me to dry hands for my silks–don’t know why. Good idea!

@byrdgrrl I did spend a good bit of time chasing the tails the last time I was out and the more they blow around the more leaves and things they keep picking up. It gets a little silly. 🙂