StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Inverted split?

• Fleur

March 25, 2009 at 3:33 am

Do you mean a jade split? (where you are parallel to the ground) It’s a tricky one…

• Bey28

March 26, 2009 at 12:40 am

Both you and Veena do it around 7:42-7:47 in your video entitled Veena/Fleur Pole Jam: Workout. Any tips?

• Fleur

March 26, 2009 at 3:18 am

you have to grip really hard under the armpit and work on balancing the pulling the leg in while pushing the other one down. I’m still working on this one so I’m not sure how much I can help, haven’t got all the elements down myself! Next week I’ll get a practice session in and see if I can break it down better…

• Charley

March 26, 2009 at 1:26 pm

Another thing I’ve been told is the ability to do oversplits is need for a flat jade. Being that I cannot split much less oversplit – I am not sure the validity of that statement but those who’ve I’ve trained on jade can over split for what it’s worth.

I don’t perform this move, while I can get into position I can’t even do the splits on the floor.

Practice this move out of inverted hip hold and very low to the ground. be sure to have mats or pillows below you. It’s very easy to slip out of this move.

I am sure you’ll get it in no time.

• Veena

Administrator
    March 26, 2009 at 3:28 pm

I can not over split…but can do a decent Jade(inverted split) very very close to 180 but I could see where the ability to do an over split would help. The trick for me was to really grip the the arm pit and its not so much about holding the pole with your inner thigh like the in the hip hold…I mean you still do hold with the thigh but how you hold your torso seems to be more important. Its holding a lot of the pole against the whole side of your body. Seems like you really have to lock in the move with your torso more than anything. I can hold it every time but I can’t consistently do the full split……still trying to figure out what the trick is to that. Here’s what has worked for me so far…. If I remember right it seems to be helpful to fully extend the free leg first and then finish extending the leg that you are holding. BUT I always see the jade performed in the opposite way??? Also I have found if you do the the Jade with both hands even farther away from the body say….on the upper calf/ankle….you body is in a different position than in the jade with hand lower on the leg. This will be one of the new lessons, I am determined to perfect this move!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif I haven’t worked on it for a while so maybe this will be a move I focus on. I’ll keep you guys posted if I have a break though.. lol

• Bey28

March 30, 2009 at 1:57 am

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll keep working on this and in the interim I hope more helpful comments will come https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif