StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Inverted D

• Inverted D

Posted by Sassafrassle on December 31, 2010 at 10:37 pm

I have been gagging to get split grip moves for SO long but I just can't quite wrap my head around getting there despite reading mountains of threads about them.

I can do a cartwheel to ayesha legs, a forearm grip straight edge and ayesha, and my caterpillar climb is fine.  I've read that a good prep thing is the inverted d – I've finally got it sorted so I can do that (I had built up a bad habit of swinging my butt too far away from the pole when I tried to work on jacknife, which I still can't get) but I have the death grip on the pole with my feet and I'm not entirely sure at what point the magic is supposed to happen and my feet (or at least one foot) will start to move into position to at least let me try the ayesha. I can tentatively bring one foot off to bring it to the other side of the pole to cross over the outside of the other foot but the one still on the pole still has it's death grip so I don't know that it really counts.

Another thing I've tried based on my extensive reading is bringing down my legs in front in a pike position but keeping the pole between my thighs but this only goes so far before my hands get in the way.

So basically, in people's experience, have you found just repeatedly doing the inverted d has lead to one magic day where you went "hey, I think I can actually lift this leg off!" or were there other things you tried to transition from an inverted d (or similar move) to full split grips moves?

Sassafrassle replied 13 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.