StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions International Pole and Aerial Arts Convention

• International Pole and Aerial Arts Convention

Posted by Miraine on May 5, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I spotted an advert for IPAAC, a new pole and aerial convention happening in London on 21st to 23rd of September in the most recent X Pole email.

Just wondering if anyone else had heard of this and or would be going along!

There's not much information available just yet but it sounds like there should be showcases and workshops for various aerial skills, pole, and contortion, so it should be pretty awesome.

And so nice to have something over this side of the Atlantic too… 😉  (I'm just jealous of all that happens in the US!)

Their website is http://www.ipaac.co.uk

NikkiP20 replied 11 years, 9 months ago 9 Members · 16 Replies
  • 16 Replies
  • Kira

May 5, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I'm interested in going along, my teacher has been invited to teach/perform? there and that's all I know so far but it sounds interesting and hopefully involving less pole politics as some other similar events. I'll be keeping an eye on the lineup!! 😀

• CassBee

May 5, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Hi, I have signed up for updated but haven’t bought tickets yet! I’m trying to find someone that will go with me for the trip!

• Legend

May 6, 2012 at 2:03 am

I'm also signed up. hope they dont take too long with the details, otherwise I may have trouble finding flights and accomodation… but if its as cool as it seems, I'll be there 🙂

• Miraine

June 14, 2012 at 8:22 am

Well they finally sent out some details…  Sounds like quite a selection of awesome pole idols are in attendance.

"Alethea Austin, Jenyne Butterfly, Jamilla Deville, Evgeny, Karol Helms, Suzi Q & Toby J, Zoraya and Nic Judd, Oona Kivela, Fawnia Monday, Rafaela Montanaro, Anastasia Skukhtorova and the current World Pole Champion, Alesia Vazmitsel – together with a host of the top UK instructors including Karen Chaundy, Jo Foley, Kate Johnstone, Justine McLucas, Edward Muir, Nicole Pearson, Lauren Red, Deb Riley, Beth Williams and of course the UK's latest champions, Bendy Kate and the new Miss Pole Dance UK – Sarah Scott."

I'm just wondering…  Are any of those *not* pole?  It's nice to have something happening here, but why have they called it a Pole and *Aerial Arts* Convention if it's just pole?

Prices stand at £300, £200, and £100 for three, two, and one day passes respectively.  Obviously the £300 has all kinds of other stuff thrown in as you'd expect.  It's a bit difficult to decide what's best given that the actual schedule isn't available yet, though.

• Kira

June 14, 2012 at 3:20 pm

A lot of the line up use hoops, trapeze, silks etc. so I reckon they will be doing workshops with the same people but on different apparatus….

I'm currently thinking of just attending for 1 day because even though I'm sure the price is worth it, I just can't afford 3 days 🙁 looking forward to the schedule and hoping they may add a few more names to the list (!!) like more 'dancey' polers rather than tricks based 

• Legend

June 15, 2012 at 12:52 am

wow… just got the email also… the prices…! ouch… pff, but yeah, I'm going even if its just for one day 🙂

• Spinnesque

June 15, 2012 at 1:09 pm

This looks awesome, and I’ll have just moved to London then too so will def be interested in going…now just to find someone to come with me!

• dizzytwirler

June 15, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I’m moving to London just before too- what perfect timing! I’m not on the email, but just registered on the IPAAC site. Are the tickets already on sale?

• dizzytwirler

June 16, 2012 at 7:25 am

Thanks for both the links! Sounds like it’s going to be an expensive weekend, but I look forward to meeting some polers in London!

• Hazelnut

June 23, 2012 at 1:34 am

this looks brilliant! I am so glad I found this thread, I have just moved cities and so don't have any pole friends here yet and have been poling solo in my living room. I really want to go if I can afford it though, you're right, the prices are a bit ouch! If anyone else is going from North England (I'm in Leeds) I'd be keen to travel down together if they are!

• FirstTimer

August 12, 2012 at 4:51 am

I have a question…I was trying to buy tickets, but there seems to be no link for it. I was checking the Saturday Gala Show and wanted to purchase balcony tickets, but it says tickets are not available for sale….does anyone know if it's sold out or if the tickets are just not available yet? Oh I really hope I haven't missed my chance…..

• NikkiP20

August 12, 2012 at 7:43 am

FirstTimer: the convention has been canceled. I received an email stating they may try again in early 2013.