StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions International Pole Convention cancelled

• International Pole Convention cancelled

Posted by chemgoddess1 on April 14, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Not sure if you all have seen this:

It is with great sadness to announce The International Pole Convention will not be hosting its 2014 event. We appreciate your support this year and hope to return with the event in 2015. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and look forward to seeing you next year.

Announced on their FB site.

AllysonKendal replied 10 years, 1 month ago 7 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Charley

April 14, 2014 at 7:57 pm

🙁 that makes me sad.

• Saphyre

April 14, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Chem, you have to remind me which one this is. I get them all confused. Where is this usually held?

• WebJunk

April 14, 2014 at 10:34 pm

It was to be July 4th at the Baltimore Harborplace Hotel. http://www.poleconvention.com/

• chemgoddess1

April 15, 2014 at 6:41 am

this is the one that usually travels around. it has been held in Florida, Baltimore and LA and I’m pretty sure this is the one that jessalyn puts on.

• Anonyma

April 15, 2014 at 8:49 am

this is sad hopefully nobody loosed money for plane tickets ect 🙁 any idea of what could of happen

• chemgoddess1

April 15, 2014 at 9:18 am

The only thing I can think of that is currently going on is insurance issues. I know a lot of competitions and showcases and such are losing money this year too. Stagnant wages combined with increasing insurance and food costs have finally come to a head. People do not have the extra income to attend shows like this. Hell, the hotel rooms were *discounted* to $179 a night.

• Anonyma

April 15, 2014 at 2:00 pm

i hope the one in canada is still on !!

• Saphyre

April 15, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Aw. That it really sad to hear.

• Poledancefan

April 16, 2014 at 11:05 pm

For me, the date was a real problem. July 4th is the big Rock and Roll Fest here…just 4 blocks away and the biggest musical “local” event in town….3 days of music for $40. I’ve gone 20 years in a row and didn’t want to miss it.

Joel Lessing

• AllysonKendal

April 17, 2014 at 8:27 pm

For me the date was the issue too… When you have kiddos you want to be around to take them to the fireworks and BBQ. The 4th of July is kind of a family holiday… and I’d feel bad missing it.