StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions If you just want to learn pole dancing for you and enjoy it

• If you just want to learn pole dancing for you and enjoy it

Posted by owataqt on February 13, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Do you purchase the xpole 45 mm or 50 mm? I am 41 years old, 20 lbs over weight, 5’6" with medium hands I guess.. LOL, I want to try this and love it. Just really dont want to order a 50 mm and feel frustrated trying to enjoy myself from what I have read. Then again wouldnt want to find out I am a natural either .. LMAO and learned on a 45 mm and want to venture out into classes. Really gorgeous ladies, I am thinking I am not going anywhere with this, Just going to set it up ( definitely going to purchase attachements once I figure out what I need) in different areas of my home. Put on DVD’s and exercise.. this is my goal.. that Pole dancing will help me shed my 20 lbs. Enjoy it.. hoping to love it and become addicted to it, and also give dh a little thrill every now and then too!! wink wink.. But what would you all advise me to do!!! Do I get the 50 mm… or get the 45 mm.. going with TG also and need to be able to move it around from little less then 8 foot ceiling hts to 12 foot ceiling hts.. LOL I have a 24 foot ceiling ht in the family room.. Do they make those?? eheheheheh but seriously ladies all torn up what I should purchase!! so I can stick with it!!!!

owataqt replied 14 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Mary Ellyn

February 14, 2010 at 5:17 am

First…20 pounds is not that much overweight.

I have women over 200 pounds pole dancing and several in the 175-200 range who are strong and invert and lift.

The main thing, especially if you don’t have really slim legs is that climing and inverted poses (when you are ready for them) using leg holds will be more difficult on the 45mm. If you intend to only spin and do floor work/transitions then the 45mm might be fine but you will have a more difficult time with if for the more advanced moves.

• Veena

Administrator
    February 14, 2010 at 5:37 am

If its for fun I would go with the 45mm, I have both and like them, but my favorite is my 45mm https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

• owataqt

February 18, 2010 at 3:57 pm

THanks ladies, going to go take my first intro to pole dance Feb 27th.. guess then I will get a far better feel for them.

big huggles to you

• owataqt

February 23, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Awee…. thank you so much for replying back to me.. so you dont like the titanium.. see so confused.. defintely decided I am going to hold off on ordering one.. till I really experience all this for myself.. and see if its for me.. will take the intro class and will take from their a level one class if its not booked up before I get the chance to sign up for it.. ERRRRRRRRRRRrrrr… LOL

thanks again shuga