StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions If you don’t have our lessons why?

• Webmaster

Administrator
    January 20, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Brilliant Allyson 🙂

• Poudrepolegirl

January 20, 2015 at 1:41 pm

I would love to do more lessons, but because we live in the mountains we have to use Dish Network for internet service. I noticed when playing Veena videos, it eats up a lot of my GBs for the month. Way more then say Youtube videos. So up here we cannot stream tv or movies due to that as well. Any suggestions?

• pilatesworksmv6562

January 20, 2015 at 1:57 pm

Beccaf, I felt the same way, I did the 3 day trial, like you said things get in the way and I didn’t get to try it. But the bit that I did see, I could see that Veena is a very good instructor. You will have more than you can use, beginner all the way to advanced, choreography too, and more. You won’t regret it.This I could bet on.

• blondierat

January 20, 2015 at 2:20 pm

For me, I don’t have a credit card. I keep meaning to apply for one, it’s just one if those things that’s on my to-do list. My other reason is that I haven’t been completely committed to pole recently, I have been very on and of . So I need to prove to myself that I can commi . I’m feeling pretty positive about it at the moment! Hopefully I will have a star soon. 🙂

• Sabina Rex

January 20, 2015 at 5:03 pm

We need harder tricks. And more hooping!

• Veena

Administrator
    January 20, 2015 at 10:13 pm

Mishakitty, do you go to a studio in town at all? The lessons can be viewed on most smart phones and tablets, so you could watch them there if home doesn’t work for you.

• Poudrepolegirl

January 21, 2015 at 9:47 am

There is a studio in town, but I have never been there. I also work from home, so I do not go down the mountain that often. We tend to go down just for groceries and other needs. Its a bummer because I am at the point where lessons would really be helpful for certain stuff. Plus my hubby is getting into it and we are considering getting another pole for the house.

• Webmaster

Administrator
    January 21, 2015 at 10:03 am

MishaKitty, have you tried turning the bitrate down? Our player uses the highest rate that your internet connection supports. You can turn it down by clicking the HD button, the 360p frame size will reduce your download rate by about 60%.

• Poudrepolegirl

January 21, 2015 at 10:17 am

No I have not tried that yet, good idea. I will watch some of the other poler videos on here over the weekend and see how that affects my gbs. Thanks!

• adiemandy7712

January 21, 2015 at 5:29 pm

I think it’s unfair that some people want longer trial period the moment that no one else offers you, not even one day trial! For example the instructional dvds are so expensive and you have no idea if these going to meet your expectations. I will buy the lessons as soon as I got my pole 🙂

• jenas2206

January 21, 2015 at 10:32 pm

I feel the 3 day intro is just too short. I signed up for the free trial, skimmed over the vids and liked what I saw. However, because I am super busy, by the time I was able to have some pole time, my trial had expired (less than one week in), so I was very disappointed. I think that offering 1-2 week trial would be great. This gives people the opportunity to get more sucked in and start to get into a fitness routine with the lessons. Once you start to get into something you don’t want to lose it. Even though you know it’s great after 3 days, sometimes you just need more to get you hooked to the point where you will be more likely to spend the money. On that note, the prices are MORE than reasonable. But, I actually have another idea/ combination of ideas for pricing…

What about charging something smaller… maybe per video/lesson? per weekly lessons? per level?

Maybe you get an email of lessons for the week (as opposed to daily), and you can get the glimpse of the move (like what is available on facebook, the 15 sec clip or so), and once you fall in love with the move and want to learn it, you can decide if you want to pay for the lesson (maybe $1 per lesson or something, just to throw a number out there). But, if you want unlimited access with daily lessons, you can pay the $99 year or $20 month. I could probably try to outline something more detailed about this, but I think you get the idea of where I’m going with it. Maybe this will be a different way to structure the pricing so that you can better appeal to (and generate income from) those who aren’t able to/don’t want to pay a larger amount at one time (even if that $20 is a large amount).

I have an app from blogilates … I found her free workout videos on youtube (she’s great!), then moved on to checking on her webpage, and downloaded her free app… it gives you a monthly calendar of what workouts to do on what days… and it’s great (also has links to her store, forums, and more). But, it’s free, which is the best part. However, I think it’s clever that if you pay $0.99 per month, you can get the videos directly on the app for quick access or for free you can still search them out on individually on youtube, but it’s super convenient for a $1 month to have your 3-4 daily workout vids right on the calendar app. Maybe something like this could also work for you guys.

• Webmaster

Administrator
    January 21, 2015 at 10:51 pm

Our three day trial is not to get you hooked, because, in general, fitness doesn’t work that way. Instead its so that you can watch a couple videos and be comfortable that Veena’s teaching style is what you are looking for.

In the fitness industry when people aren’t paying they don’t feel invested in their fitness and they don’t actually get hooked they walk away. The effect of a longer trial is actually exactly the opposite of what you would expect.

We’d love to be able to charge less but the pole industry is so much smaller than yoga. Yoga is a MASSIVE industry. With significantly different consumer behaviors than most other fitness activities. I believe it’s actually the largest fitness vertical there is and even at a mere $1 per month there are millions to be made.

Anyhow, I don’t want to be contrary but I do want people to understand that the 3 day trial isn’t an arbitrary decision. It’s actually probably too long and possibly detrimental to our sales but we really wanted people to know what they are getting, We are That Confident In Our Product.

• jenas2206

January 22, 2015 at 12:35 pm

That certainly makes sense – I completely understand where you are coming from. I was merely offering a suggestion that by offering a longer trial period (even if it’s one week) maybe it help you get more monthly/yearly subscriptions. If it doesn’t work, you can always go back to 3 days.

In the meantime, I love what I have seen with this program so far, and will be subscribing as soon as I get some extra $$.

• Katastrophe

January 22, 2015 at 12:48 pm

I used to subscribe to your lessons. I don’t think the pricing is off at all; you get a lot of bang for your buck. It’s a lot cheaper than going to a studio. I didn’t renew during my pregnancy because I knew I wouldn’t use it, and there was a period before that that I didn’t have a pole because I sold my X-stage because we were moving, so I didn’t renew then either. I definitely will renew soon because this baby weight ain’t losing itself, but I have to wait a few months to figure out our finances because we just hired a nanny. Overall, it’s not a huge expense, but I want to be careful with our finances just now because holy cow, babies are expensive.

I think your pricing is very fair, and I think PayPal is very convenient, not to mention secure.

Have y’all thought about branching out and doing events? I dunno, maybe a Skype pole jam with Veena herself? For a fee, of course. It might appeal to those who can’t really commit to the lessons.

• Dead and Lovely

March 11, 2015 at 5:13 pm

I follow Veena on Instagram as well as other polers who use studio veena and read nothing but good comments about the lessons. I’m pretty sure they would help me as I don’t have a studio very near that teaches in english (I moved to Holland 5 months ago). However I was really looking forward to the 3 free days as I’m on a very minimal and fixed budget here I want to make sure it is right for me.

My problem is that I signed up before my pole was delivered. All I did was sign up, didn’t even look at the website until my pole arrived and when I went to try a lesson (maybe 5 days later) I wasn’t able to as my 3 days had passed. I never even looked at a video.

I’m sure I could just make another account with another email and try the three days again but it’s a bit of a hassle. Is there a way to count the day from when a video is played?

Page 12 of 13