StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions I swear my pole was better before alcohol!

• I swear my pole was better before alcohol!

Posted by MommaBear on April 25, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Okay, maybe it is just in my head, but when I first got my X pole, I didn’t have the right alcohol to clean it. So, I just wiped it down really good with a dry cloth. I played on it for a good hour and thought, wow, I have no issues with slipping, this is great!!!!

Day two, I bought the higher concentrated alcohol and cleaned my pole. Now this sucker is slippery and sweating!!!

I don’t know if it is in my head, but I swear that before I ever used the alcohol the pole was way better. I dunno. Just thinking out loud.

X’s are chrome right? Do they require break-in or is the grip I am experiencing the same as what it will be a year from now?

Solya replied 14 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    April 25, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Grip on all poles can vary from day to day. If you have dry skin, or a change in weather. I did find that for the chrome X I like to use windex. I have had the same slipping troubles with Alcohol…although Vodka seemed to work well too. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif You’ll get to the point where you’ll wake up and "feel" in the air, that ya….. its gonna be a perfect grip day!!

• chemgoddess1

April 25, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Momma, you are dealing with the crazy weather we have been having effecting your pole.

• MommaBear

April 25, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Hmmm . . . . (((((licking my finger and testing the wind direction))))) . . . . (((((sniff, sniff))))) . . . . Ahhh, yes . . . the conditions are right . . . . . today will be a perfect day for poleing https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif

Just one more aspect of poleing I will probably pick up along with way, further proving my husband’s theory that he did in fact marry a half crazy woman.

Chem – I was thinking this humidity wasn’t helping – it’s making me and the pole sweat. It will be interesting to see how our ever changing Ohio weather is going to affect/effect (I never know which one is right https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif ) matters.

• chemgoddess1

April 25, 2010 at 7:14 pm

I have a powder coated pole and the ones at Be are stainless. During the winter it is almost impossible to get a grip at Be but I can use my PC. Now during the summer my PC will literally rip my skin off my legs but the stainless is great.

I am sure it is better if you have air conditioning during the summer and a humidifier during the winter, neither of which I have in my garage.

• Solya

April 26, 2010 at 11:38 am

It can be because of the humidity and temperature. X-poles are really slippery when they’re cold! But if you think it’s the alcohol, maybe you could try acetone nail polish remover? We wipe out X-stages with it and it reduces slippiness a lot.