StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions I need energy! Help!

• I need energy! Help!

Posted by sosagely on May 25, 2010 at 5:04 am

Hi everyone!
    Lately I have been feeling like a car that’s almost out of fuel. I am drained of all energy. I’ve never been especially energetic, but it’s been bad enough lately that I don’t have the energy to clean, cook, or do any of the other daily tasks that I used to be able to do. Not even pole!!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif I’m very short with my son because I’m so exhausted all the time. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif I literally feel like I’m dragging myself all day.
    I need to make a change. I’m wondering if anyone has any supplements they can suggest that might help me replace whatever my body may be missing right now. Any good diet suggestions? Like what to eat for breakfast, snacks, etc.
    I don’t think I’m depressed, I think this is a nutrition problem.

*I should add that I have a really hard time eating (I am not hungry at all, can’t even force myself to eat) until about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I know this is part of the problem.
    Thanks!

pole-twista replied 14 years, 2 months ago 6 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • shariya

May 25, 2010 at 5:27 am

i feel like this a lot of days too. it sucks i thought its just like severe laziness or sumthing but it just makes it impossible to do anything some days. like you said im never really energetic but some days its just ridiculous so any advice ud get id love to hear https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif good luck hope you feel better soon https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• megs982

May 25, 2010 at 5:46 am

SoS you remind me of how i was 2 months ago. I would go to the store for 2hrs or something and i felt like iw as up for 3 days.. Well come to find out i was severely iron defincent..Have your dr run some blood work on you bc if its your iron..that will zap all your energy. I ended up having iron infusions, and just now started having some energy to start poling again.

• chemgoddess1

May 25, 2010 at 10:48 am

Get to the doctor. NOW.

Lack of energy can have all sorts of causes and the last thing you want to do is throw supplements a something you don’t understand.

• minicoopergrl

May 25, 2010 at 11:37 am

How much sleep do you get a night? This could be another factor. Im also a mom, and some nights im lucky I get 4hours between everything I do in a day. I would start changing your diet first, this will help with energy. Drink water and stay hydrated. Try to squeeze in a nap during the day, its ok if you need to nap.

• pole-twista

May 25, 2010 at 3:24 pm

ok so yes i would agree about going to your doctor just to take some blood test and make sure it’s not an underlying medical condition.

now energy- i work 2 jobs (10 shifts in 5days) so i know about making the most of energy

B vitamins are very important as well as iron ( your doc can tell w blood test if you are deficent in either)
    stay hydrated – almost impossible to feel energized when dehydrated ( caffiene like sugar will only gve you a short term boost followed by the crash)
    try to go to sleep and wake up about the same time everyday as much as possible to get your body on a sleep cycle
    warm bath follwed by strecthing helps ( as your body temp drops you should start to feel more drowsy)
    splash cool water on face and pulse point ( wrists/inner elbows, neck) this should refresh you
    get moving. do squats /jumping jacks/dance whatever for a few minutes. you will get the blood circi.ulating better as well as raise your heart rate
    eat plenty of protein (nuts are great as get protien, good fats, and b vitamins. oh and minerals!)
    avoid heavy meals better to eat more frequently but smaller meals
    don’t go more than 3hrs w/o eating something. piece of fruit, string cheese, yogurt ect
    try to be as organized as possible so not wasting time/energy looking for things ect

take breaks througout the day. take a quick walk, daydream, read a magazing or whatver for a few mins here and there so your not running all day

lemon and other citrus scents as well as peppermint can help wake you up a bit

hope this helps !