StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions I hate stretching

• I hate stretching

Posted by Beckypolegirl on January 4, 2013 at 6:53 am

I really want to improve my flexibility and would love to get my Splits but my problem is I hate stretching! I just find it so boring I got the pure splits dvd for aChristmas and already find it dull. Does anyone have any advice on making stretching more enjoyable?

Amiloo replied 11 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • BeccaBuck

January 4, 2013 at 7:38 am

I have a couple Stretchibg DVDs and I’ve done veenas lessons. I really don’t understand how people can stretch by watching a DVD, every time! Sooo boring! LoL. I watched them 2-3 times, enough to learn them. Then after that, never watch them again. Instead, I use what I learned to create my own stretching “routine” and watch TV while I stretch. I put routine in quotes because it changes based on my mood and how much time I have. I don’t do the exact same stretches every time. Watch a movie or your fav TV shows while you stretch, it makes it so much easier!!

• Amiloo

January 4, 2013 at 9:00 am

I use alot of veenas stretching lessons, I know alot of them by heart now. I normally add stretching to the end of a practice session. This was because I too hated it so i trurned it into a kindo of mandatory part of my sessions!!

Now I actually like it and just have stretching sessions once ive got my baby in bed/nap. I think its just a mental barrier youve gotta push through. Try just mixing up your resources! Hopefully you start to enjoy it too =)