StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Humidifier

• Humidifier

Posted by hookedonpole on January 15, 2012 at 11:18 am

I'm ready to try a humidifer in pole room.  I went looking and just like poles, grip aides, etc. there are sooooo many choices.  Does it matter what kind of humidifier?  There are cool mist and warm mist options; visible and invisible mist; filter and no filter.  geez 🙂  I guess my main question is about cool or warm mist.

Thanks!

Kellye Perkins replied 8 years, 1 month ago 7 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

January 15, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I have an ultrasonic humidifier that I sleep with during the winter.  The kind with filters are horrible.  I believe that mine is a cool mist.  Not really sure what the advantage of a warm mist would be besides possibly one more part that can go bad.

• Veena

Administrator
    January 15, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I would think cool mist would work fine. I use my fabric steamer, that's HOT, but only to clean the poles. I leave it run for a bit, so I can warm my legs and hands, but my room is so big it doesn't make much difference. We have a humidistat in our house anyway.

• joni1

January 15, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I have a cool mist and warm mist humidifier in my pole room. I use the warm mist with my 2 infra red heaters more to heat the room to 40 degrees  to practice hot yoga and stretch for my splits.

• MrsNaughtywed

January 16, 2012 at 6:28 am

I just got a cool mist one for my house because I noticed it was REALLY DRY in my house. After a couple days of running this thing, it feels better in my house and it also makes a big difference with the pole. I think there needs to be a bit of humidity while poleling. You stick better. 🙂 I try and keep my house at 50% now. 

• nymphdancer

January 16, 2012 at 8:32 am

I love to do that but my husband can't stand any sort of humidity 🙁

• Kellye Perkins

March 30, 2016 at 12:28 am

I have dry skin and a chrome X pole and live in Arizona where most days is 10-15% or less humidity. I have had some success with using corn huskers lotion on my legs. I noticed some days I stick really well even without the lotion and couldn’t figure out why until I saw people discuss the humidity issue. Today was 35% humidity and overcast and I stuck to the pole very well and had a great pole session without relying on the lotion! So, I ordered a humidifier to use on extremely dry days and look forward to many more non-slippery sessions.