StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions How to combine programs

• How to combine programs

Posted by Gail 77 on October 15, 2023 at 2:36 pm

Hi all,
    After a while away from pole I’m back! I’ve decided to start over from the very beginning and I’m super excited!. I’m currently working through the takeoff program to rebuild strength but would also like to go through the flexibility program. I can see myself wanting to work on more than one goal in the future too. My question is how to handle the rest days. Does a rest day on 1 program mean it should be a rest day for both? Or is it ok to take a rest day on 1 program but still have an active day on the other?

I figure others might have this same question so I thought I’d post it here. 🙂 Thanks!

Gail 77 replied 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    October 15, 2023 at 3:24 pm

Hi Gail, that’s great you’re getting back into pole from the start.

For rest days when doing multiple programs, you’ll want to follow my suggestions for a full rest whenever I suggest this on any program that is more focused on strength building. Here are the programs that would fall into that catigory.

30 day take off
    All levels programs
    invert
    caterpillar
    ayesha,
    shoulder mount.

My other programs, spin pole, heels, flow, flexibility can be more flexible as they’re not as intense.
    So if I schedule an active rest day, it’s ok to do any of the these on an active rest day, as long as you listen to your body.

Something else to know is that all of my programs are guidelines and you can change things as needed. They’re meant to accommodate a wide range of people. Swap out any tutorials for easier or more challenging ones, add rest days, or skip rest days, change the warm up I suggest to one you like more. The programs are meant for busy people, without a background in dance or fitness. That means that someone with more physical activity experience may want to add to any program.

If you want to explore creating your own program with my tutorials, in every description you’ll find set and rep suggestions on each individual exercise, stretch or strength routine. Oh, you’ll also see a list of muscle groups used in most pole tricks and exercises so you can cross reference for your own planning!

Does that help?

• Gail 77

October 15, 2023 at 3:26 pm

Thanks Veena! That really helped 😊