StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions How many studios have you been to?

• How many studios have you been to?

Posted by Hazi411 on November 23, 2012 at 2:48 am

Hi everyone, just wondering about this topic. I’m lucky I have a few studios to choose from. I started out at Shemoves, but switched to Bobbi’s as their timetable works better for me. I’ve also attended workshops at 3 other studios (Fitzy’s pole n tone in two locations, and Pole Fever – who are behind the West Australian Pole Camp I think) and had privates at Shemoves, Bobbi’s and Fitzy’s. Anyone care to comment? 😉

Hazi411 replied 11 years, 5 months ago 20 Members · 26 Replies
  • 26 Replies
  • kasanya

November 23, 2012 at 3:16 am

I've actively taken classes at 8 studios and done drop-in's at another 2 studios.

• chemgoddess1

November 23, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Let's see…7 just in NE Ohio.  I think only another 4 on top of that.

Make that 8 in NE Ohio, but the last one never officially opened her doors.  I went to visit her when she was still setting up shop but then something happened and she disappeared off the face of the earth.

• Lyme Lyte

November 23, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I don’t live next to any studios so try to hit them when I am out of town for a private or drop in class. Probably pushing 10……

• SaschaPoles

November 23, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I've been to several; my favorites though are Total Woman in Minnesota, and of course StudioVeena. I think the teacher and atmosphere of the classes make a huge impact on whether I feel comfortable enough to return. Right away, you can tell the difference between a teacher who really cares about your progress vs a teacher who's ultimate goal is to further her own self. 

• calipolepixie

November 23, 2012 at 10:39 pm

I've been to/taken classes at about 8 in the LA area. And 1 out of state-Fitness with a twist in Pittsburgh. My plan is to visit a studio everytime I go to another state or town from now on though. I quite enjoy experiencing the different teaching styles and atmospheres in the different cities. I hope to drop in on on a class at Fawnia's studios in Vegas the next time I go! 🙂

• calipolepixie

November 23, 2012 at 10:39 pm

I've been to/taken classes at about 8 in the LA area. And 1 out of state-Fitness with a twist in Pittsburgh. My plan is to visit a studio everytime I go to another state or town from now on though. I quite enjoy experiencing the different teaching styles and atmospheres in the different cities. I hope to drop in on on a class at Fawnia's studios in Vegas the next time I go! 🙂

• Dancing Paws

November 23, 2012 at 10:53 pm

5 total. 3 consistently, 2 drop ins.

• NelC

November 24, 2012 at 7:42 am

I regularly hit 3 local studios. Do drop in at a fourth as time allows. And try to get to out of town studios when I travel for work – meeting new pole people beats the pants off sitting in a hotel room by yourself. I love learning from different people gives me a better feeling for my own style and gives me multiple points of view for tips on perfecting tricks and spins.

• DesireeMann

November 24, 2012 at 10:42 am

One. 🙁  I had to travel and hour and a half to get to it.  We do not have a pole stuido in our area.  I am working on getting a pole class going at a local gym.

• heathalynne

November 24, 2012 at 12:10 pm

10 and almost forgot about a couple. LOL!

Body & Pole NYC (27th St)

Body & Pole NYC (5th Ave, closed)

S Factor NYC (23rd St)

S Factor NYC (24th St, closed)

S Factor NYC (54th st, closed)

New York Pole Dancing

Crunch Gym X-Pole Dancing (Union Square)

Flirty Girl Fitness in Toronto

Go Diva in Bloomfield, NJ

Wellness on the Green in Morristown, NJ

And planning to hit Dakini in Warren, NJ when Karol comes back! 🙂

• Lee lee

November 24, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Only 2. I started at one because I had a groupon deal and when I moved I found the studio that I’m currently at. Mind you I am limited to just the one option here.

• jkpolegirl

November 26, 2012 at 11:04 pm

I’ve taken regular classes at 4

Drop ins or private lessons at 6

And at least 5 more semi local ones to try!!

And about 7 pole star workshops….. soon to be 8 as oona is coming to town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The drop ins are usually on vacation…. I love seeing other studios and learning new techniques from other instructors

I always learn something whether its a beginner class or advanced

• Kyrsten

November 27, 2012 at 3:13 am

Hmm just 4… my home studio (Fantasy Fitness in Michigan.. we have 2 studios), Pole Addiction in Michigan, and Flirty Girl in Chicago, and the first time I took pole was actually at a non-pole exercise studio that just had removable poles, not sure if that counts. I would love to visit more pole studios.

• Lyme Lyte

November 27, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Kyrsten, where in Michigan do you live?  I live in Michigan too!

• Kyrsten

November 27, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Lyme I live in Dearborn (right outside of Detroit)!

Page 1 of 2