StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions How long to wait……..Lotion..

• How long to wait……..Lotion..

Posted by SexyRockStarsWifeNowWidow on April 2, 2014 at 7:17 pm

Hiya! I was wondering how long one should wait to pole after applying lotion to their body after shaving? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question. I honestly don’t know. An hour? Two, more than 4? Thanks in advance 🙂

Cecilie Printz replied 10 years, 1 month ago 8 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • HilaryKate aka LolaSlaytor

April 2, 2014 at 7:21 pm

For me personally, lotion affects my grip until the next time I shower. But it’s different for everyone!

• Veena

Administrator
    April 2, 2014 at 8:27 pm

For me it works best to wait at LEAST 4 hrs before poling. I prefer to lotion at night and pole in the morning. I cannot pole if I used lotions like bath and body or oily stuff, I use lubriderm.

• Lee lee

April 2, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I think it would depend on your skin. I know I can definitely put lotion on at night and pole early in the morning. I have also used lotion on my hands (not intending to pole that day) and have had no issues with slipping later on. BUT, I have drier skin and need to apply grip like to it.

• chemgoddess1

April 3, 2014 at 7:18 pm

It also depends on the lotion. I only use glycerin based lotions and can use them right before poling without issue (Aveeno, Vaseline aloe, CeraVe). Stuff that has “butter” bases or oil bases can sit there and will come out once you start sweating.

• Runemist34

April 4, 2014 at 2:15 am

I agree with the application of lotion at night. I feel lotion all day long, and it affects my dancing till the next time I shower (often in the morning) so… that’s frustrating! Especially considering I have dry skin in the winter!

• teachtrinity

April 5, 2014 at 2:45 am

Ive stopped using lotion at all, I do take evening primrose oil capsules though which I find help with any dry skin issues. If I put lotion on I have to really scrub in the shower to remove all traces before poling so I just quit using it

• Cecilie Printz

April 6, 2014 at 12:32 pm

I use lotion at night before going to bed, and I have no problem with my grip in the morning.