StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions How has pole changed your life?

• How has pole changed your life?

Posted by Beckypolegirl on December 6, 2012 at 3:41 am

Pole has changed my life in so many ways i am the happiest i have ever been with my figure, i am more confident and just in general i am so much happier and fitter. I seriously think starting pole was one of the best decisions i ever made 🙂 so i was just wondering how pole has affected other peoples lifes?

opielee replied 11 years, 5 months ago 9 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Lee lee

December 6, 2012 at 10:05 am

I feel so much stronger now that I’m poling. I’m happy to do workouts, whereas before I hated going to the gym. I don’t weigh myself, but I’ve definitely seen a change in the way that my clothes fit!

• Pole gal

December 6, 2012 at 11:45 am

pole has changed my life sooo much. before i started poling i was seerly depressed, was always in my pj's and never went out not even 2 the shops, i felt soo down 24/7 and was always upset, had no self-esteem or confidence, but once i found pole i was like a whole different person, i finally found somethng that i loed and that helped me feel better about myself, and i loved it. bought my 1st pole, an x-pole xpert within a month of starting and i have never stopped.. cant w8 for a monday 2 come round so i can go 2 class and learn something new. pole is such an empowering excercise that i recommend it 2 all my mates. xx

• Empty

December 6, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Before pole:
    I was a hermit, a-typical stay at home mom who did nothing but clean and cooked.  I had no hobbies or interests. No friends nor desire to socialize. I hated my body and had a lot of issues with body-dimorphic. I was basically bored with life in general. 

Pole now:
    I have something to be excited about every Friday & Saturday. I get to escape to "me time land" with the most wonderful teacher, whose become like an older sister. A pole buddy in class who i always laugh with.  I learned my body is freaking awesome, stronger then i ever thought, and can do things most people can't. My old dancer me has returned in full force making me extremely dedicated and pushes me out of my comfort zone. Its something only I do and people around me think its bad ass. The best part ……is the 4 friends i made through it who are my pole sisters. I love them to pieces. 

• ShonaLancs

December 6, 2012 at 12:36 pm
  • Beckypolegirl

December 6, 2012 at 1:13 pm

thanks for the link to the past thread i have no search option on my phone so didnt know this discussion had been done recently

• blondebird

December 6, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Loads!!!! More fitter than ever, went down a dress size, new way of keeping fit without going to the gym/spending money going, gives a good topic of conversation, gives me a passion and a drive, something i look forward to, met really cool sound people along the way! e.g you veena's!

• Athena30

December 7, 2012 at 2:18 pm
  • chriswarner

December 9, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Pole has changed my life more than anything that I have ever done before.   First I have regained my self confidence that I lost when my marriage broke up a few years ago. I had become a hermit as result, I am now more confident than ever before.   I was so nervous at my first lesson (especially as I was the only male) but the instructors and pupils at my local pole studio made me so welcome and have been so supportive and helpfull over the 8 months that I have been going.They are the loveliest bunch of people I have ever met in my life.  Second I am rid of my sciatica that has plagued me for the last 30 years,  probably due to the spine being stretched while hanging upsidedown. Third I feel fitter and more supple than at any time in my life (I was 60 in October).  I just so wish that I had discovered pole years ago.

• opielee

December 9, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Pole has changed my life by helping me accept my height,I always felt insecure bc of it,I’m 5′ 3/4″,always envied taller n much taller women n felt that they had it better than me bc of that,pole has made me appreciate my height by making me realize that height is not at all req to spin n spec climb high altitudes n that being tall can actually hinder that,so thank you pole for making me feel ok about being a shortie ☺