StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Hot Pole Studio

• Hot Pole Studio

Posted by minicoopergrl on April 7, 2010 at 2:33 pm

With the weather weve been having in MD, its been making the pole studio super hot. Youd think we were doing that hot yoga stuff. I was slipping and sliding. I was nothing but a giant pool of sweat the entire time. Weve got fans going and the ac is fully working. Anything else we can do to help out the humiditiy and sweatiness?

chemgoddess1 replied 14 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

April 7, 2010 at 3:57 pm

Dehumidifier

Get the AC guy in to clean the coils of the unit

Make sure that the AC unit is properly sized for the space

(can you tell what my husband does for a living??)

• horsecrazy12987

April 7, 2010 at 7:21 pm

Want to switch weather for a little while? It’s so cold here my pole is slippery as hell and I can’t do much of anything on it. I have a good air conditioner, and my Mighty Grip gloves just came in, so I think I’m ready for the heat.

• Rubi

April 8, 2010 at 6:59 am

I’m having the same problem at home. In my case, our AC doesn’t work anymore; we don’t know why. The heat works, but the Air just won’t come on…. Lame. What to do?

I’ve been keeping a towel handy, to wipe myself off over and over between moves, and also a separate towel to keep the pole clean. It’s annoying, but it works ok…. now if only someone could help me get the air conditioning going again. I miss it badly.

• amy

April 8, 2010 at 11:32 am

after a while, the freon in the unit needs recharging…. could also be that the filters need to be cleaned, or as chem mentinoed, the coils in the unit need cleaning…. i would call a service guy over =)

if this is your first summer in that studio mini– if the ACs are TOO powerful for the space, they will actually cool the space too fast, and shut down when they hit the temp they are set too, before they properly dehumidify the space. that can result in it still feeling really warm, because your’e feeling the temperature with the humidity. have a thermometer in the space to make sure that that isn’t happening. that’s the reason why HVAC guys will always do a calculation to see how many BTUs you need– because having too many is actually just as ineffective as hving too few.

• minicoopergrl

April 8, 2010 at 2:46 pm

its always been hot in our pole studio during the summer. I really think its a combo of the weather, small space and lots of bodies = pole sauna! When its super hot outside the pole room is roasting, wierd thing is where on the bottom level. Weve got 2 fans in there as well.

The girls have talked to the HVAC guy and he says everything is running correctly. I think summer is the season I need to stock up on dry hands.

• chemgoddess1

April 8, 2010 at 3:50 pm

The girls have talked to the HVAC guy and he says everything is running correctly. I think summer is the season I need to stock up on dry hands.
    Most contractors won’t do the work it takes to check things properly. Sorry but it is a reality of life.

If the studio is renting the space they need to deal with their landlord and get things fixed.

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now