StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Hooping??

• calipolepixie

February 22, 2011 at 11:09 am

I JUST got a 1 lb weighted hoop 41" diameter. So far i like it. got a hooping book and DVD that's on it's way, so I'm excited to learn some hoop tricks and such. I have pretty good stamina though and can hoop for a good 15-20 mins already just doing the basic standing in one spot and hooping. Thinking I will probably need to graduate to a 3 lb hoop in a couple of weeks to get a little more challenge going with the hoop 🙂

Does anyone know how long it takes to see some progress in your abs from hooping? I am working on my summer belly…doing p90x, poling AND now hooping I'm figuring my abs have bo choice but to be in shape come June!

• Veena

Administrator
    February 22, 2011 at 1:02 pm

@Calipolepixie. hooping alone will not result in abs of steel. The results you see as far as abs go are more related to loss of fat. Hooping, when your new to it can be great cardio. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gifYou will see better tone to your abs and I'm not saying it wont work your abs just don't expect to have super cut abs from only hooping.

As far as how soon will you see results, that will vary from person to person. 

• calipolepixie

February 24, 2011 at 5:05 pm

@studioveena oh no I'm not delusional lol I don't expect hooping alone to work a miracle on my abs no way! I have been doing P90x cardio, core and ab workouts, pole AND hooping to try and get my abs into shape!

Page 2 of 2