• Posted by 34flasher on July 15, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Hi, I’m Charlotte.

I was wondering . . how do you know which size your pole should be? 45 og 50 mm?

Angel1201 replied 15 years ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • SissyBuns

July 15, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Hi, I’m Charlotte.

I was wondering . . how do you know which size your pole should be? 45 og 50 mm?

Hi Charlotte! I don’t think there is a size that your pole "should" be, I think it’s more of a preference. have you ever used either of the two sizes before? Is there one you prefer?

I personally use a 50mm because it’s easier to go to 45 to 50 then from smaller to bigger, so if you ever come across a pole say in a class (studios generally use 50mm) you won’t have a hard time getting used to the pole. I’ve heard people say that have problems gripping a 45 with their legs. I wouldn’t know because I’ve never used one that small. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/alien.gif

• 34flasher

July 15, 2009 at 8:21 pm

Thank you so much! : D

• Angel1201

July 15, 2009 at 9:51 pm

Hi Charlotte! I recently just got a 45 after being on a 50 for over a year. I have to say I love it! I find it’s harder to get a full grip on the 50 so I don’t always feel safe on a 50 in more advanced moves. I also have a 38mm but it’s homemade and not sold on the market. They use 38mm in Australia mostly. I think the 45 is a good middle ground. Not too big, not too small, just right!!