StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Help with extended buttefly

• chemgoddess1

March 15, 2010 at 2:10 pm

One thing that was recently shown to me at a private was to try to straighten your legs without repositioning your body…..basically your calf from the leg that was hooking will be up against the pole still but straightened. Once you feel secure holding with just your arms, slowly start leaning yourself away from the pole but keep that one leg "leaning" on the pole.

• Journey

March 15, 2010 at 2:36 pm

My biggest challenge with this move is keeping my upper body where I want it – I tend to end up moving it off to the side of the pole, and it just doesn’t look pretty. I usually look at the pole to help keep it in front of me, because if I watch my legs, I move. But everyone’s different, may not work with you (or you may not even have that problem, lol).

I go into the butterfly, then slide that upper leg back until you can hook your ankle and lean out. Turning your hips slightly helps, too, but keep your upper body frozen. But I do like what Chem said, too – trying it with having that upper leg extended up along the pole until you feel more secure. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_thumleft.gif

• chilli_d

March 16, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Hey Sarah,
    I haven’t really got much to add, but if you can get the pole gripping leg into normal butterfly position, then slowly allow the pole to roll down your calf until it catches on your ankle (if you get what I mean) then its slightly easier ‘cos you aren’t pushing out straight into the move so you might find the balancing easier..
    once you get this move its quite easy – its my ‘staple’ move – the one I always come back to when im stuck on something else lol, just keep practicing and if your unsure get someone to spot you / have pillows on the floor – for me this always boosts my confidence even if they don’t end up doing anything!
    hope this helps
    Charlotte

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now