StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Help!!!

• Help!!!

Posted by Lilpasties09 on August 14, 2009 at 3:12 am

Alright, my boyfriend is attempting to install my x-pole, and we are having some problems. With the shorter extension it is not long enough, and with the longer one it is to long.I feel like such an idiot. This can not be that hard to put together!!! Also, we have a piece of pole with kind of a lip on the end, with two holes for adjusting. This piece does not have any thread. I do not see it in the manual. We thought it was the adjuster cover, but it does not work.AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! I just want to play on my pole!

jellycat1 replied 14 years, 11 months ago 8 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • violet

August 14, 2009 at 6:29 am

You can order extension pieces on Ebay (the cheapest way to go), i had to do that with my Chrome when I moved into my new apartment. My ceilings were too tall and i had to order an extra piece. Just make sure you measure how long you need so you dont end up getting one thats too short or too long (like i did… had to order 3 times, LOL). The only piece with a lip I can think of is possibly the bottom pole piece that attaches to the base (my new pole I got has this)… but if its hollow & very thin then yes it is the cover for the extender on the top pole piece and is optional to use (i personally dont use it).

Hope that helps!

• Trena

August 15, 2009 at 2:55 pm

Be very careful about puchasing x-pole merchandise on e-bay. I know its probably cheaper but Ive also heard some of it can be fake and you dont want to jeopardise your lovely new x-pole!!

• violet

August 15, 2009 at 3:38 pm

Be very careful about puchasing x-pole merchandise on e-bay. I know its probably cheaper but Ive also heard some of it can be fake and you dont want to jeopardise your lovely new x-pole!!

YES! Be careful. I ordered mine from a buyer called Xpoleus. Totally legit pieces.
    Cant say about the other sellers on there….

• Mjohnson0911

August 15, 2009 at 4:44 pm

How tall is your ceiling? I had a hard time installing mine too but it was because I wasn’t adjusting it enough. Good Luck!

• Tine007

August 16, 2009 at 9:28 am

With the shorter extension it is not long enough, and with the longer one it is to long.
    That means you should use the short extension, no need to buy another one. To make up for the missing length, screw the adjuster rod out of the pole (it was completely screwed into the pole when I got mine).

Check out the X-pole installation on youtube, in case you didn’t get the DVD with the instructions that should come with the pole
    https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_arrow.gif http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6XJiQ6-YmU

The newer X-poles don’t come with the spanner/wrench anymore, but have a hole through the adjuster rod and in the locking nut where one of the rods fit in to help you screw it tight.

Hope this makes sense and you get your pole up soon https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Tine

• Castleoutsider

August 16, 2009 at 11:25 am

with that tho.. i think thats why my spin mode doesnt work right. it says on the vdo not to have that spanner peice so far out =( and mines pretty far out cuz i have the same problem T_T

• miss fern

August 17, 2009 at 4:00 am

Mine adjuster screw is almost as far out as you can have it – and my spinner mode works fine.

• Castleoutsider

August 17, 2009 at 7:00 am

not fair T_T

• Lilpasties09

August 19, 2009 at 3:40 pm

My internet has been down so I am just now able to read all of your replies. THANK YOU. The hollow piece I am referring to is the same size as the other poles. I can not figure out how to slide it from the bottom when it is the same size.

• Castleoutsider

August 19, 2009 at 4:09 pm

the hallow slidy peice should be just a smidge bigger O-o

• jellycat1

August 24, 2009 at 3:28 am

It doesn’t look like it but the hollow piece should slide up. And there’s a little metal collar that slides up against the dome that it should clip on to. I know mine was stuck in one of the tubes. (Thank god I saved them.) It’s aluminum and super light. It should have the little button pins that the hollow tube clips on to.

Hope that helps!