StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Hello all from Nottingham, UK

• Hello all from Nottingham, UK

Posted by GolgothaTramp on August 8, 2012 at 1:19 am

Hello to you all,

I have been lurking for a few days and thought I should do a proper intro. My name is Alex and I live in Nottingham with my OH. I am 27 and have just started taking pole classes at Twisted Pole in Nottingham. I have always been excited and awed by the strength, skill and grace of pole dancers and while in the process of losing some much needed weight decided that pole would be a great way to tone and sculpt my body.

So, I have done 6 1-on-1 classes and I can honestly say I love it. It is probably as hard as I imagined it to be (and you guys sometimes look like you have augmented gravity to do what you do) but I love the feeling of a challenge and seeing and feeling my body morph in front of me. I have also been a very lucky girl and have got an X pole at home so I can now practice between sessions (where I hope Veena’s strengthening and conditioning vids will come heavily into play after pay day).

So that’s me. Next steps are I am now feeling brave enough to go to the group pole classes -which I’m dreading and looking forward to. Hopefully this will give me some time to practice what I know at home, strengthen my body but still see my instructor to check my form and hopefully meet some like-minded people in class. From there I hope once I am strong enough my instructor and I can decide when is a good time to re-accelerate my learning with more 1-on-1 classes.

So, hello! I’m glad to be here and I’m sure I’ll see you all around.

Hazelnut replied 11 years, 9 months ago 14 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • Eden Body

August 8, 2012 at 6:51 am
  • Hazelnut

August 8, 2012 at 8:28 am

always good to see another northerner around here! Good on you for joining up and let me know if there's any amazing pole things happening around your area – they're scarce on the ground here in yorkshire!

Group classes are great fun too and don't worry the braveness factor – everyone is scared at first and if it's a good group of girls you'll soon be giggling your way together to pole awesomeness! just be able to laugh at yourself and you'll have a ball 🙂

• jeansgina

August 8, 2012 at 9:04 am

Hello from Manchester, not far from u 🙂

• Debss

August 8, 2012 at 10:47 am

Hello! Good to see another UK poler joining the ranks 🙂
    Don’t worry about group classes, chances are the other girls will be feeling exactly the same way as you.

If you’re worried about them being more advanced than you then don’t be 🙂 you’ll learn so much more from watching other people and seeing how they get into moves and I’m sure they’d be happy to give you hints and tips from when they first learnt too!

• SlowLearnerScottish

August 8, 2012 at 11:31 am

Hello, I am a neighbour from the North living in the deep saaaf (Kent).

Welcome along!

I DREADED going to classes.  I do NOT do shorts because I have big big thighs but it's actually given me a lot more confidence! Hopefully it'll do the same for you xhttps://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• Rosj3

August 8, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Welcome!!! You’re going to love it here!

• Veena

Administrator
    August 8, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Welcome to the site!! Don't be to worried about taking group classes, almost everyone is a little scared at first! With the classes and lessons here you'll be in good shape! We have Friday Chat as well so come check that out too. It's all day every Friday. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gif

• GolgothaTramp

August 8, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Thanks for all the welcomes and well wishes. I am really glad to have found this place and to see there are some Limeys hanging around.

With the class I am a bit shy around people especially girls as I just feel awkward and gawky. But I hope they are as friendly and encouraging as you guys, if so I’m sure I’ll find some pals.

• vickiezoo

August 9, 2012 at 3:04 am

Hello from Colchester, Nottingham is a cool place, check out Rock City! if its your thing! i am a rock chick xx

• nichtooks

August 9, 2012 at 8:07 am

Hallo from Germany, though i'm originally from Hull 🙂

I'm not a great social animal when it comes to girls, I can find them difficult to get along with, but I did enjoy it when I went to classes back in the UK. It's nice being able to share everyone's ups and downs, and there's always that little bit of competition (if you so wish).
    If you start in the very first beginner class then you'll already have a head start on the other girls there and it will really help to establish everything you've learnt so far.

Look forward to seeing your progress!

😀

• noonxo

August 9, 2012 at 10:51 am

There are quite a few UK polers on here aren't there!? https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif
    Hi from Liverpool! (Well, near-ish)
    I'm sure you'll be great at group classes. I was so nervous about my first few, but I'm sure you'll be fine and meet some amazing new people.

• pintsizepoler

August 9, 2012 at 11:13 am

Another hi from the uk!

• LizziePole

August 9, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Hello! Ull be hooked before u know it! I am now obsessed and just wish I could lose some weight so i didn’t have to lift so much off the ground 😉 I love the groups in fact even tho I have my own pole etc I still go to classes 2 maybe 3 times a week because the encoragement from the other girls and the banter is so much fun! Don’t worry xx

• FeeDen

August 9, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Hi. from the U.K. too.

• Debss

August 9, 2012 at 5:12 pm

@Hazelnut – I'm originally from Leeds!

Glad to see so many from the UK here 🙂

GolgothaTramp – I know exactly how you feel about being awkward and gawky! I still feel like I'm flailing my limbs about even when I'm under control lol. Keep us updated with how your group classes go!

Page 1 of 2