StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Heard a pop or crack in my elbow

• Heard a pop or crack in my elbow

Posted by Shellectra on September 28, 2011 at 3:45 am

Hey guys! Has anyone ever had this before? I had been poling for nearly 2 hours so I was tired but not exhausted, and decided to just finish with an elbow grip hold, so I went up and got feet off and did a straight edge, and then put legs out into a V and had to steady my balance with my core (my weight shifted on my arm a bit) and my elbow in my lower arm made a pop/crack sound! I came straight down and expected a really bad injury and expected pain but had neither! Now if I press down on my palm on the desk in front of me in a particular way the elbow hurts a little but thats all.  I can still invert and feel minimal pain if that.  Did I hyperextend it??? I ordered an elbow brace off ebay right away, maybe wearing a brace on that lower arm will help the elbow feel more stable.  My wrist braces help my wrists! 

Dancing Paws replied 12 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Dancing Paws

September 28, 2011 at 9:42 am

Can't say for sure what you did, but I think the elbow brace is a good idea. I think you are on the right track. Lay off it for a week and see if it feels better after that. Pain is never good.