StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Healing belly button piercing

• calipolepixie

August 5, 2012 at 12:04 pm

It took about 3-4 months for mine to completely heal. DEFINITELY don't change the belly ring out until your are fully healed and when you do be quick about it because just a few hours with the belly ring out and it will start to close up that quick. Just keep following the after care instructions that your piercer gave you and it will heal just fine.

I've had my belly ring about 6 years and still have to be careful what BB rings I buy. If you have sensitive skin (I do) make sure that the BB rings you buy are 100% surgical steel. I've had allegic reactions(hole gets infected, starts to scar and will start to close up) with any belly ring that is just plated with surgical steel or not a hypoallegenic material/metal. I had to have my belly button repierced once( it got super infected & closed up) because of using cheap belly rings and I won't make that mistake again. The piercer said if it happens again, I won't be able to get it repierced because i have scar tissue in that area now.

As far as my pole dancing with it, it hasn't been an issue at all and even when I first got it, snagging wasnt an issue either. I love my belly ring 🙂

• OzarkSiren

August 6, 2012 at 7:54 am

I had my belly button pierced twice and both times it grew out. My body just slowly rejected it. No redness or infection the skin just got thinner and thinner. Took about a year.  I was really bummed about it.  One of my daughter's did the same thing after 3 times. My ears are double pierced since I was 12 and no problems at all.  I may try one more time. : )

• MissKitty83

August 6, 2012 at 9:05 am

Rejection is always a possibility.  Some people are more prone to this than others.  Definitely keep it clean, and don't move it around or tug on it too much – just a little right after you soak/clean it to make sure the healing tissue isn't adhering to the bar.

Also, ALWAYS use high quality metals.  SURGICAL stainless steel, titanium or gold.  If you want to wear a cheap one that you don't know the metal, take it out at the end of the day, clean the piercing, and put your good one back in.  Some people have reactions to different metals – I would suggest starting with a gold banana bar and experimenting from there with either titanium or surgical stainless steel.  Gold is the least reactive, and most people can tolerate gold when their body will not tolerate other metals. 

Glad to hear your piercing is starting to do better, and I hope this helps!

• Domzie

December 1, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Im 13 nearly 14 and have mine done, you can change the bar after 8 weeks (thats what I did) just make sure youre not alergic to the metal, do salt and water soaks buy surgical spirit and also what I to is take my belly bar out heat it up soak it in surgical spirit, dry it, put it in some cream (prefrrably. The one you got given when you got it pierced) Ive had mine done for bout 5 months now, it looks healed but it’s now, and also the peircer told me if it hurts just put an ice pack on it:3 Hope Ive helped.

• Domzie

December 1, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Im 13 nearly 14 and have mine done, you can change the bar after 8 weeks (thats what I did) just make sure youre not alergic to the metal, do salt and water soaks buy surgical spirit and also what I to is take my belly bar out heat it up soak it in surgical spirit, dry it, put it in some cream (prefrrably. The one you got given when you got it pierced) Ive had mine done for bout 5 months now, it looks healed but it’s now, and also the peircer told me if it hurts just put an ice pack on it:3 Hope Ive helped.

• abcollins1

December 1, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Ive had mine done 3 times. First time it got infected and nevery really healed well, so i took it out and let it close. I did it again a year or 2 after that, but the little ball came off and the barbell fell out,i didnt notice until it was already healed. Had it done again in 09, and have had no issues with it since. I usually change the loop to a barbell after it stops hurting, i just like the barbells better than the loop they pierce it with, seems to heal faster for me and get less infected.

• maevemalone224505

August 6, 2014 at 7:41 am

hi there i was wondering how long it will take to heal like i got my bellybutton done ages ago its still red and sore

Page 3 of 3