StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Has anyone mix matched Xpole pieces?

• Has anyone mix matched Xpole pieces?

Posted by MrsNaughtywed on February 5, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Just wondering… is it possible to buy titanium gold or brass Xpole pieces for my  45mm Chrome Xpole?

My pole is 3 years old. I don't really want to buy a new one yet but I'm getting pretty tired of my chrome's lack of grip. Is is possible to just buy the TB pole pieces/extensions without buying a new pole? I don't care if the TG pole doesn't match with the dome or base. Would the parts screw in the same? 

I had this idea after I tried a brass xstage. I really loved the grip on that thing! 

Dancing Paws replied 12 years, 3 months ago 6 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Webmaster

Administrator
    February 5, 2012 at 3:24 pm

At three years old, I'm assuming you have the old style screw together joints.  In this case your only option would be titanium gold.  While I believe the joints will physically screw together I'm unsure of the interaction between the two metals, if they would bond or potentially not have enough friction to stay together.

Really though, you'd be in it for nearly as much money as buying a new pole.  In my opinion you'd be much better off just purchasing a new pole, with the modern joints and pole technologies.

• heathalynne

February 5, 2012 at 10:28 pm

That's my problem too. My 5 year old pole has a different bottom base and different x-joints than the current ones, even different from yours at 3 years. It doesn't even have the middle piece inside the pole itself. Can't purchase extensions unless X-Pole has old stock somewhere from the same old manufacturer. And I was also told the 3 year old ones are different from the current ones.

• valerie98

February 6, 2012 at 9:47 am

I was just thinking of this. I think you can swap out the B and the extions. You can’t swap A. I wish they would sell just the A as well. I want a brass pole but don’t have the money now. At least the top half can be brass.

• Dancing Paws

February 6, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Someone did this recently:

https://www.studioveena.com/forums/view/My_new_2_tone_X_Pole_rocks_20111227010203

but it is the new model.

• valerie98

February 6, 2012 at 1:50 pm

So cool!!! Thanks so much!

• KikiGeneres

February 6, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I have the origianl X Pole (the screw together) and I was told that they will continue to sell extensions and replacement parts for them.  I am not sure how the 2 metals would react to each other, but as far as ordering parts, you should still be able to get them.  Mine is about 3 or 4 years old and I have continued to get new extensions.  Good luck!  Hope it helps!

• heathalynne

February 6, 2012 at 6:43 pm

^ INTERESTING!!! Thanks!!!! That's good to know.

• Dancing Paws

February 6, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Are the threads IN the pole TG and chrome plated??? If so I can see you guys wondering about metal comparability, but if it is just unplanted metal in there, I don’t see how that would be an issue as it would be played threads touching unplanted threads either way.