StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Has anyone heard of Mega Brand stripper pole?

• chemgoddess1

July 6, 2012 at 11:34 am

And the reson you are against PS and X?

Seriously, spend the extra money on a decent pole.

• Dancing Paws

July 6, 2012 at 11:57 am

I belive that that pole is the model that was originally being sold as a fake x pole. I've read reviews of it and it seems to be fairly unsafe, with domes cracking, chrome peeling, etc.

PS and x pole are going to be the cheapest option for a portable removable pole, but pole danzer also offers a portable pole, and it can be made in two pieces. All 3 brands are safe to use.

• poletrickster

July 6, 2012 at 11:57 am

Never heard of that brand and I would be very skeptical about the positive reviews. I was recently approached by a company trying to pay me for posistive reviews on amazon about something I never even tried (not pole related it was diet pills)so I now know that the positive reviews don't mean anything in 99% of the cases. I would save up money for one of the well known, loved,safe and trusted brands like PS or Xpole you see everyday on this site the poles in action and the people who own them.

• Dancing Paws

July 6, 2012 at 11:59 am
  • Athena30

July 6, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Thank you for the responses. I was looking for a pole that I could easily set up and take down because I'm going to have to hide the pole a lot, and the x pole setup seems a bit intimidating

Also is a one piece pole still relatively easy to travel with? Or is it necessary to buy a multi piece in order to travel and transport a pole. Thanks

• Dancing Paws

July 6, 2012 at 12:56 pm

A one piece is going to be hard to travel with if you have a small car.

• Dancing Paws

July 6, 2012 at 12:58 pm

btw, once you get the hang of putting up the x pole, it's not a big deal. You could leave it in one piece and store it under a couch or bed if you don't want to constantly have to disassemble and reassemble the joints.

• aliceBheartless

July 6, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I know that after the first couple of time setting up the PS Xtreme Pole, it takes less than 5 minutes to set up and breakdown each. Especially when you are setting it up in place where you  set it up regularly. It takes me longer with my Xpole, but once you know what you are doing, it doesn't take as long any more.

• Athena30

July 6, 2012 at 1:35 pm

yeah I was just looking at the ps multi piece..I was reading that people were having problems with customer service and receiving damaged parts..have you experienced this? Seems easier to set up..

• Anonyma

July 6, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I had problems with platinum stage  in the past  and I DID received damaged parts

and no they didnt tryed to help me out , almost sayin that I was the one who damaged it…

I ordered the original stage, the pole had a "dent" on it that you could feel with your  hand and even see it on picture

did nothing to help me…. it was like 5 years ago and now i ve switched to x pole, wich have much better customer service 

• chemgoddess1

July 6, 2012 at 2:13 pm

PS had a good year while Erica was there in regards to customer service but I see in a post from today she is no longer with the company.  I would like to hope that the good she did for their image continues but I have a sneaking suspicion that may not be the case.

I have a friend who purchased a PS multipiece a little over a year ago who had issues with the 2 pieces not lining up properly.  She did finally get it resolved but it took many phone calls and photos.

I would be more concerned about the finish than I would be as to which one was easier to set up or take down.  I probably will never buy a stainless pole as there are only a few months out of the year that my skin conditions and the pole work together.

• aliceBheartless

July 6, 2012 at 2:29 pm

In working order, the stainless PS Xtreme is my favorite hands down. Granted, bc it’s hard to get this pole in working order, I only have a super old one on loan from a friend currently. I had to completely return my newer Xtreme model after working with PS for two years to try to get pieces that fit together. While Erica was great to work with, I just had problems getting a pole I could use. Currently I have the xpole multi piece in chrome. It’s just fine, I don’t like it as much, BUT it works. I just don’t really like chrome, the slightly more fussy set up, and not being able to go from static to spin by pulling a pin. However, none of those things were major enough issues that I would rather have no p

• aliceBheartless

July 6, 2012 at 2:30 pm

*pole at all.

• Athena30

July 6, 2012 at 9:03 pm

thank you all for your helpful suggestions

• PersianXcursian

July 7, 2012 at 11:12 am

I know the x-pole set up seems really intimidating but its actually not. They have a video on their website that I watched while putting my pole together and it was super easy. in all honesty, the hardest part for me was finding the stud in the ceiling because I have one of those nasty popcorn ceilings so the stud finder doesn't slide across smoothly.

Page 1 of 2