StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Has Anyone Seen This Pole Trick Before?

• CreativityBySteffie

March 4, 2013 at 8:20 am

Looks like a variation of the allegra. But Im not sure 🙂

• chemgoddess1

March 4, 2013 at 10:04 am

Looks like a variation of a dark pixie.  I think I have seen it but have limited search capabilities at work.

http://poledancedictionary.com/moves/61/dark-pixie-pose/

• SpyralBound

March 4, 2013 at 10:47 am

Can't help thinking that looks *really* dangerous. Any move where the top of the foot is a primary POC like that freaks me the hell out. 

• Sassypants

March 4, 2013 at 11:28 am

Pankake– I agree, but it seems she's got a firm grasp with her hand, too. 

• SpyralBound

March 4, 2013 at 11:34 am

Oh yeah no doubt, I just mean it scares me personally, not that she shouldn't be doing it. 

Actually, now that I think about it, this looks like a variation of the Dangerous Brian. Which I'm sure has earned its nickname. That one terrifies me too. 

• chemgoddess1

March 4, 2013 at 11:46 am

Dark Pixie is a Dangerous Brian/Dangerous Bridge variation.

• SpyralBound

March 4, 2013 at 11:48 am

Ah, see? All in the same family. 🙂 

• MrsNaughtywed

March 4, 2013 at 12:28 pm

It’s a little different from the pixie or dangerous Brian. And yes this is dangerous because I almost fell on my head. I’m not using thighs to support myself. It’s a little in the foot and mainly in the top hand holding on.

• Casey Kill

March 4, 2013 at 1:54 pm

******dangerous brain*****

• chemgoddess1

March 4, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Actually is is dangerous Brian.  I thought it was a typo several years back and I was corrected.

• SpyralBound

March 4, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Now here's the REAL mystery question. 

Who the hell is Brian? And why won't he play it safe?

https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• chemgoddess1

March 4, 2013 at 2:10 pm

RobynPoleDancer corrected me:

"It's definitely Dangerous Brian… named after the TV character. It was on Vertical Dance forum in abour 2006 that it was named."

• Casey Kill

March 4, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Oh I apologize!!! Now I feel like a jerk:/ welp, at least now I know :p

• SpyralBound

March 4, 2013 at 2:53 pm

hehe, don't feel bad Casey. 

Kinda reminds me of something a bit off topic… The street I live off of is called "Wolfangel Road." Now, to me, that looks like it should be pronounced "Wolf Angel," as in the spiritual beings with halos and wings, so that's how I say it. But everyone I talk to locally says "Wolf Angle" as in triangle.

Drives…me…BATTY … but for all I know, they're right and I'm wrong and this is is some sort of localism that I'm not getting. (To my knowledge, it was named after some dude, so maybe the family pronounced it angle?) 

I've been seriously tempted to call the police or fire station (not 911, obvs.) to say "Ok, so when you guys get a call to this road, how do YOU say it?" 

But that's just my desperate need to be right … I'm trying to let it rest, LOL… 

• chemgoddess1

March 4, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Casey, trust me, I was in your shoes until I was corrected.  I kept calling it dangerous brain too.  Here is the thread where I was corrected (I even stated it was a typo):

https://www.studioveena.com/forums/view/1742

Page 1 of 2