StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Hanging with back side to pole

• Hanging with back side to pole

Posted by echo234 on August 11, 2012 at 2:44 am

When I go from a sit to hanging with my bum at pole  it bruises my tail bone…. help how do I stop this

echo234 replied 11 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • RoseMay

August 11, 2012 at 8:53 am

Squeeze your glutes, this will put some meat between your bones and the pole 🙂

• Dancing Paws

August 11, 2012 at 10:34 am

Are you talking about a no handed wrist sit? If so, when you go in to a pole sit, tip towards the lower (not crossed leg) and lean back so your upper thigh is actually on the pole. Lean back to where your upper body is paralell to the ground, then uncross your legs. It's the upper thigh that grabs the pole, not between your cheeks.

• echo234

August 11, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Thank you guys.  I noticed I hold the pole really high between my thighs, trying to hold more mid thigh now.

• RoseMay

August 11, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Oh I thought you meant a CAR or CKR! If you were talking about a wrist sit then forget my advice and do what sensual said https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• echo234

August 11, 2012 at 1:10 pm

I dont' know  the names to a lot of the moves I'm sorry.   I sit on the pole holding with my thighs and lean back, back of head facing pole, still holding with thighs, this is where i'm noticing the tail bone banging the pole.

• Dancing Paws

August 11, 2012 at 2:48 pm

In a CAR you really need to squeeze those thighs and tushie. I hold it really high up and still don't have my tail bone hitting the pole.

• echo234

August 11, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Def. gonna work on the tushy squeeze! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif  I have problems with floor moves cuz my tail bone too.  Thank you so much.