StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Hands to Dry!

• Hands to Dry!

Posted by SwirlyGirl on April 24, 2012 at 12:32 pm

I have a student who has a “dry” hand problem vs. a sweaty hand problem. Any suggestions? I feel we have tried everything to no avail….

Dancing Paws replied 12 years ago 7 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • SwirlyGirl

April 24, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Hands “too” dry ; )

• SwirlyGirl

April 24, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Hands “too” dry ; )

• amy

April 24, 2012 at 2:57 pm

itac didn't work for them? or just plain old pole-safe lotion, applied day-of? 

• Saphyre

April 24, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Instead of a one time fix, go for long term. Step 1) Exfoliate – Soak hands in warm water for about 10 minutes. Dry hands with towel. Use plain old sugar mixed with a little olive oil to make a paste. Rub hands together vigorously for 3-5 minutes. (Add more oil if it starts to get too dry) Rinse with warm water and pat dry. 2) Moisturize – Apply a good quality hand cream. I use Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream. It costs about $18.00 at Ulta or Sephora. If this is done right before bed really slather on the hand cream, cover with cotton gloves and hop into the sack.  Exfoliate every 2-3 days. Try to use the hand cream/gloves every night. Paraffin wax teatments at a salon work wonders. You can even purchase your own at Sephora, Ulta, or even Target.

• AvaBabe

April 24, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I’m going to try this right now since everyone is actually asleep and I have a moment to pamper myself!

• nymphdancer

April 24, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I have incredibly dry hands. NOTHING keeps them moist. Seriously I go to the salon and the massage cream in them and do the parafin treatment and within a hour or two they are dry and ashy white again.

I use corn huskers, , or Itac or a combo of the 3 in order to pole.

• Dancing Paws

April 24, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I had a pole teacher put this lotion on my hands. It was weird that it was a lotion that added hand grip but it worked!

http://www.sallybeauty.com/foot-lotion/HL2TOE8,default,pd.html

• Dancing Paws

April 24, 2012 at 4:47 pm

wait, I put the wrong lotion. It's actually this peperment foot lotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Heel-Toe-Peppermint-Sloughing-Lotion/dp/B003JN4JES

• betsyevil

April 25, 2012 at 12:16 am

careful not to use to much of the sloughing lotion its a strong exfoliate. though it leaves my feet super soft 🙂

• nymphdancer

April 25, 2012 at 6:24 am

might have to check that out

• Dancing Paws

April 25, 2012 at 9:09 am

You only need a little. I'm not sure if it will moisturize for very long, but it did help my dry hands to grip a stainless pole.