StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions HELP PLEASE!!!

• RoxyPink

October 29, 2009 at 1:02 pm

Well…there really aren’t 7 levels…that’s probably what the studio you go to does….each studio is different! But pole dancing doesn’t have clearly defined "levels". Pretty much it gets broken down to beginner, intermediate and advanced…but to give a list of moves that fall into each category would be a little subjective. I mean we could all agree that a fireman spin would fall into beginner and a twisted grip handspring would fall into advanced…but the lines between are fuzzy!

So if your taking classes at a studio that has 7 levels then your best bet would be to talk to them to find out what you have to do to pass each one!

good luck! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• JenDiplodocus

October 29, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Thanks, I have two pole daning friends who are taking lessons, one has just got their level 2. My problem is that i teach myself because i’m a student and i can’t afford proper lessons, and i have no idea what standard i’m at and i’d also like to get the recognition of having passed a certain skill point. I don’t know if i’m making any sense https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

• cbr600girl

October 29, 2009 at 1:40 pm

I feel ya. The studio closest to me is $40 a class at the door or if you pay in advance its $35 or you can get 15 class punch card for $300. I don’t know how people can afford this I know I can’t. I am living on a single income right now and things are really tough for me.

• Trena

October 29, 2009 at 3:21 pm

What can yoy do Jeni?

• SissyBuns

October 29, 2009 at 4:50 pm

I feel ya. The studio closest to me is $40 a class at the door or if you pay in advance its $35 or you can get 15 class punch card for $300. I don’t know how people can afford this I know I can’t. I am living on a single income right now and things are really tough for me.

Damn that’s expensive. My classes are $9 each. Less if you buy a class card and get them in bulk.

• SissyBuns

October 29, 2009 at 4:52 pm

What can yoy do Jeni?

Yeah, what can you do? What do your friends do?

Maybe you can compare yourself to them and their ability to get an idea of what level you would be at if you were attending classes with them.

I don’t normally recommend people comparing themselves to any one, but this is just to get an idea of what is considered lvl 1, 2 , and so on.

• Runemist34

October 29, 2009 at 11:53 pm

Actualy, at the pole studio near my place, it’s generally about $190 for six or so lessons. I’m not sure what that breaks down to, but really, it’s rather expensive for me. They have levels, but the instructor (and lady who owns the place) really doesn’t know much about climbing or inversions, so I have a much different background and understanding of "levels" and things like spins and poses, and their importance to the dance that is pole dancing. I think that it really just depends on how you look at it, and your own level of fitness! Besides, I’ve been learning a lot outside of the classroom, rather than what I learned in class. The only real thing I gained in class was a place to really buckle down and do the dancing…but it wasn’t good cardio or strength work, because we would always pause to be taught stuff https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_razz.gif