StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Good Stretching Website

• tiggertail

October 24, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Thanks for sharing it might have good tips for the bendy buddies https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_thumleft.gif

• SissyBuns

October 24, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Just in time. Thanks Free!

• RoxyPink

November 4, 2010 at 4:15 pm

great website!!

• marle777

November 5, 2010 at 9:12 pm
  • moonflower

November 6, 2010 at 1:45 am

Wow thanks!

• FreeTheSun

November 6, 2010 at 10:24 pm

No prob.

Note on dancers often doing the splits wrong. I haven’t learned the anatomical reason yet, but apparently you’re supposed to walk the back leg back going into splits not letting the front leg slide forward (too easy for injury and to twist your hips so they aren’t square). I’m trying to figure out why one way makes more of a difference, but thus far no luck. If anyone knows why or have a decent hypothesis, I’m all ears.

• marle777

November 8, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Free, I would guess (and it’s only a guess) that it might be to protect the lower back muscles which can easily be strained since most people don’t exercise them very much. The hamstrings are connected to those muscles and sudden sliding into the splits could possibly cause some serious discomfort later if not done with care. I say this because I have a long standing (muscular) lower back injury and the only way to really relieve the pain is to stretch with various splits methods.