StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Girl Talk…

• Girl Talk…

Posted by JoleneBell on March 27, 2015 at 10:42 am

Okay so, this may be TMI for dudes, but do any of my pole gal pals out there get unusually tired when it’s that time of the month? I take fantastic supplements, eat well, exercise daily (half an hour at high intensity on the treadmill, plus conditioning for pole right now), and take care of myself… but seem to just go through a drained time when it’s, well, that time.
    Any nutrition or self care advice would be great. Or even just relating from someone who reads this and thinks “Yep, me too. Can’t help ya sister.”

SToast replied 9 years, 1 month ago 8 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Darinka

March 27, 2015 at 11:54 am

The first day of that time of the month I am simply unable (and unwilling) to do anything! I got quite remorseful about it and forced myself to normal schedule, but with time I’ve learnt to give in and just rest. This goes back to my mom and even granny, when she always got sent home from work by her boss, looking like she’s about to die 🙂 I also am a healthy person, so I don’t suppose this has something to do with my nutrition. It’s just nature I tell myself! Maybe it is meant as a time for us women to stop and rest.

• ambience24z9338

March 27, 2015 at 1:02 pm

I agree that to let your body rest during that time. You are loosing a few needed nutrients during that time through loosing blood. 🙂 even though you replace some of them, you can’t replace them all at that rate. I know if you have thin blood flow and cramps drink more pure grape juice to thicken the flow and help replace a little iron is how I was raised to do. 😉

• Saeth

March 27, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Sometimes even with the best diets in the world, good quality sleep, supplements, hydration, high fitness levels etc us ladies still get hit by the drain caused by hormone changes or problems. I think you’ve done all you can to support your body. We’re highly complex biological machines and the process of fighting off bugs (even those we aren’t aware of), child rearing, hormone changes etc can’t help but take something from the body, even if “only” energy. Be gentle with yourself. I tend to change my focus if I feel flat, for whatever reason, and back off from the heavy stuff, and yes, often stop altogether. There is no harm in taking a rest and often it has huge benefits mentally and physically. I know it’s not a “fix” but you know, sometimes there’s nothing to be fixed!

• Runemist34

March 27, 2015 at 1:48 pm

I can completely relate. Tiredness is something that creeps up on me slowly and quietly, and I don’t realize what’s happening most of the time… I’m just constantly in need of more and more sleep!
    I also find that my symptoms are much worse when I’m not on birth control (I take the pill), as my cramps become massive, horrible affairs like I’ve been kicked in the stomach (or, more specifically, the ovaries). It’s also heavier and makes me ever more tired.
    However, there are… well, cycles to the cycles. Sometimes I feel nearly nothing, I’m still energetic and still able to go for all my workouts and all the other things I need and want to do, no naps. And, sometimes, it’s really bad, I can’t bring myself to do much of anything. Those latter times are rare, though, and usually I’m somewhere in the middle- fairly tired, but still able to drag myself out of bed, get my runs going, and work out. With much protest, most of the time 😉
    I think that tracking your cycles might be really helpful- you may notice some trends that you hadn’t before, and be better able to anticipate your own needs.
    Otherwise… well, you could put that week up to a “de-load” week?

• sarab813

March 28, 2015 at 6:15 am

Totally normal darlin! Mother nature’s strong suggestion to rest and release what is no longer needed.

• bformosa922163

April 8, 2015 at 5:11 am

Its apparently meant to be good to exercise during this time of the month, but I can never be bothered plus I get bad cramping… Any movement for me during this time is so so exhausting. Even little things like shopping.

I usually cave in and take a nap Or hug my hot water bottle and relax if I can. Perhaps schedule around it. For example, 5 days out of the month can be a resting period…. Or the first day of your period is a must resting day. If you plan around it, you won’t feel as bad about not having done anything.

• SToast

April 8, 2015 at 10:15 am

I may be in the minority but i just view it ass time to rest and slow down. We women run ourselves ragged all month. Then We feel guilty when we need to rest. I say do some yoga or stretching, relax, take a hot bath, and let your body rest. You deserve it.

• SToast

April 8, 2015 at 10:15 am

Please ignore the “auto correct” errors in the above post.