StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Getting your Xpert level

• Getting your Xpert level

Posted by Mindy4pole on November 22, 2010 at 6:01 am

I really like being able to play with spin mode on my Xpert, but it always has a spot where there is higher resistance. It spins smoothly when I’m on it, but you can definitely feel that "spot". I think it is because the pole is not level. There in lies my problem.

My ceilings have pretty big "popcorn" on them, so I have to loosen the pole quite a bit before I can move the dome around. But then it is hard to keep it still and plumb and tighten it again. The flooring is shag carpet, so I can’t easily adjust it at the bottom either.

Any ideas? Do you think the harder-to-turn spot is from not being level? I can live with the funky spot, but I worry that it will damage the pole over time.

Mindy

polebunny replied 13 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • MommaBear

November 22, 2010 at 11:58 am

I have that funky spot on spin mode too. All the bubbles on my level indicate that it’s a go, so I think my "spot" is from over-tightening. At one time, I loosed things just a bit and ended up having slippage issues and still hit a funky spot anyway! I think that my ceiling itself is not perfectly level – but I also think that any home that is over 10 years old is going to have settling issues; leaving you with ceilings or floors that are less than perfectly level. In any case, I’d rather keep things over-tightened, hit a funky spot, and feel safe in knowing that my pole isn’t going to budge.

• polebunny

November 22, 2010 at 4:02 pm

i have the old style x pole and when this happened to me it was a matter of being over tight. that could be the issue as you say it is level.