StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Get your Ego Boost!

• Get your Ego Boost!

Posted by Carrington on February 19, 2014 at 12:04 am

So I had a friend over the other day who has been nagging me about a dance. I told him I still needed to practice and I’m still a beginner. After his encouragement I put on my shirts turned on some music and went for it. The look on his face was priceless. His words and I quote” I’ve had lots of friends who have poles in their house and they just sit there. They just walk around thinking they are doing something. But girl U good. U got skills!” Sometimes the ego boost is just what u need to keep going! You are better than u think u are!

lilmissRe replied 10 years, 3 months ago 6 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Isis Kane

February 19, 2014 at 12:17 am

What’s nice about pole is that to the outsider, everything we do is amazing, or at least it looks pretty/sexy/cool. Sometimes I feel more comfortable demonstrating my talents to people who don’t know much about pole, because they’re not scrutinizing every damned technicality LOL they are just laying back and enjoying, and being wow’d.

One of my friends introduced me as a pole fiend, and was going on about how I make it into art etc. It was such a compliment, I was really bashful about it because I was thinking like oh come on I can only do so much on the pole. But it’s true-pole is my art, I do get creative with it, and I am good at it, even though I am not yet an advanced dancer.

I remember when I started, there were so many things I wanted to do, that I can now do so easily. I used to look at dancers who could do these spins or tricks so effortlessly and be like “WOW!” We had to work really hard to be at the skill level we’re at now, and it’s always going to be the case that there is something to “improve”. We’re always going to be a beginner at something in pole.

With time and getting outside of our comfort zone, we become more comfortable showcasing our talents to others.

• Carrington

February 19, 2014 at 12:22 am

Yes girl! Beautifully said!

• lilmissRe

February 19, 2014 at 9:07 am

i still am no way ready to show my poling to anyone..lol one day tho.. one day

• polergirl

February 19, 2014 at 9:28 am

Whenever I get stuck in a pole rut or feel like I’m not progressing as I’d like … and start to feel all mopey … I remember that even a basic fireman spin is like effing MAGIC to someone who has never pole danced. And I try to recall what it felt like to climb the pole for the first time. I felt like the QUEEN OF THE WORLD. That gives me inspiration to keep on keepin’ on. 🙂

• JoleneBell

February 19, 2014 at 9:55 am

Thanks, guys! Needed this today!

• lilmissRe

February 19, 2014 at 10:18 am

i still haven’t gotten my climb yet either.. but now that i can watch the vids on my new phone i can take the lessons whoo hoo

• Carrington

February 19, 2014 at 11:28 am

@lilmissRe….keep at it! If you get a chance look at my first video. I really struggled with the climb and altough it still needs work I am much better than where I started. You will be amazed at the strength you will gain over time!

• MD5677

February 19, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Last night at my studio class I climbed the pole. Not just a little bit but all the way to the top. It’s embarrassing to tell you you how long it took me to learn but I can tell you that this fat old lady felt freakin’ amazing. When I got down I had to go right back up bc I could not believe I did it. I called my daughter. I called my husband and I even told the receptionist at the fitness center. My first post to this site was about how I couldn’t climb….and now I can! Yea me! It really is an ego boost. Don’t give up.

• lilmissRe

February 19, 2014 at 2:15 pm

you guys fill me with so much inspiration.. come on 4 pm so i can go home and pole..lol