StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Garage poling?

• Garage poling?

Posted by calipolepixie on March 14, 2013 at 9:50 am

Hi so my hubby & I are beginning to house browse & it looks like we won’t be able to get a house w/an extra room inside the house for me to pole in, so it’s looking like the garage will have to become my pole dance/workout haven. For those ladies who are garage polers what do you do to secure your xpole to the ceiling of garage because I have noticed that most garages don’t have solid sturdy ceilings. Also what about flooring, lighting, heating & cooling?

quita replied 11 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • CapFeb

March 14, 2013 at 11:41 am

I pole in a garage in Phoenix. I can only really pole late at night or really early in the mornings in the summer. I haven't had a problem with my ceiling, I have just a standard static x-pole with tension. Just make sure you have a stability board between you and the ceiling. As far as cooling goes, good luck. My garage does NOT have outlets, so no fan. But if you can find one with outlets, a fan should do fine (Assuming you don't have to pole in 117 degree weather like I do). I know girls also use space heaters and do warm up floorwork and cheorography to get their basements warm in the winter, so I assume it's the same for garages. 

• quita

March 14, 2013 at 10:04 pm

I garage pole with no problems as long as I turn the heat or air on first thing n the am and not right when I am ready to pole. As far as ceiling structure I have had no issues and I have both a little mynx semi as well as x pole up at the moment. Installed hardwood flooring in the poling area..