StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Frustrations Ahoy!

• Frustrations Ahoy!

Posted by amcut on July 18, 2009 at 5:55 am

This is a RANT.

So.

I own a platinum stages multipiece! And I have LOVED IT. I loved it through it’s double coupler defect. When it was loose, didn’t catch on the ceiling despite the MASSIVE top-plate and I fell with it. I loved it through winter when I had to use candle wax just to be able to use it.

So.
    I decide since my husband is gone, I’m going to move my pole into the living room and experience carpeted falls. I haven’t lubed the pole up in a bit, so I’ll do that too. DAMN THING is stuck. Gah gah gah. Strapwrench time, right? I strap wrench and beat and freeze and lube then plastic wrap, then heat, then beat, then strapwrench again. It takes me three days to frickin’ take the pole apart. I broke THREE strapwrenches. I cried. I called PS customer service three times during the three days. I cried during one phone call. Sorry gay-ish guy I haven’t spoken with before. WHATEVER. Suckers apart, right? Except for one piece, and that’s fine. I don’t freaking care because it’s the six inch piece and I’ll ALWAYS USE IT, OK.

MMMPH. So I’m like, "Well, lets put you back together, except I want to put the 4 footer on top of the 3 footer. It’s only one foot and I’ll get the chance to break in the bottom part of the pole so I can actually use it without instances of rapid slide down, right, right? NO. You put the four on top of the three, and the freaking SIX doesn’t fit. So I’m like… FINE, I’ll strap wrench it on. I don’t care, the pole doesn’t EVER HAVE TO BE TAKEN APART, RIGHT, I DON’T CARE. (of course, I’m MAD CRAZY at this point, because I haven’t poled in 3 days, yet I’ve spent SO MUCH TIME AND ENERGY WITH THE POLE). So I strap wrench the top piece on… maybe 6 threads in, but it wont go ANY FURTHER. So I call, crying, PS Customer Support. He tells me I need to tell him which piece is wrong so he can send me another because I have ONE MONTH of bad pole support left. So I have to remove it.

I BREAK ANOTHER STRAP WRENCH. My second to last. This is tedious. these 6 threads are torturous to get through. I have to use my rubber mallet with every 3 inches the strap wrench moves. Rubber mallet, rubber mallet, strapwrench, rubber mallet. I go to sears, get another strap wrench set. I don’t have to pay another 12 stinking dollars because they’re crafstman, but they don’t have enough strap wrenches to replace ALL MY BROKEN ONES. Just one set. One big one, one tiny one the pole breaks just by looking at it.

I get home, with my new strap wrench, and I’m ALMOST TO THE FINISH. Seriously, I think maybe 1.7 thread left. STRAP WRENCH BREAKS.

AHAGHGHGHGHGHGH. AGHGHGHGHGHHG.

WHY IS MY POLE THE MOST BROKEN DOWN POLE IN THE UNIVERSE. I know it’s just mine. I KNEW when my threads were leaving slivers of metal that it was going to come to haunt me. I knew when Kim told me I was overtightening she was talking out of her tiny butt. I KNEW.

And now, one month before my year warranty I CANNOT TELL THEM WHICH SIDE IS BROKEN BECAUSE I HAVE TO WAIT FOR MORE STRAP WRENCHES TO COME IN. I am frantic. I must order them online. RIGHT NOW.

wah-wah-wah-cry-cry-cry-wah-wah-wah

Charley replied 15 years ago 9 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • PoleDanceABCs

July 18, 2009 at 10:45 am

I’m sorry you are having so much trouble with your pole! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

I have a PS MPS Pole too but I’ve only had it a month. I wish I had some words of wisdom or something.

• RoxyPink

July 19, 2009 at 1:25 am

that really sucks Amcut!! I hope you get it all worked out!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif Hey…maybe you could see if what they say is true about it standing up to being ran over by a car!!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif

• Hockey_Soldier

July 19, 2009 at 4:22 am

Honestly….POWER TO YOU GIRLFRIEND!

I had an "i hate everything" post because not only did I buy a peekaboo (I was uneducated, forgive my sins lol!) but while my man was out in the field I was tried and found completely INCAPABLE of installing my own.

You’ve got it up, down, maintenance and then working on up again. Yeesh, you have kicked my sorry butt all over the hardware store babe!

Power to the polers!

• SaschaPoles

July 21, 2009 at 3:41 pm

oh amcut, im so so sorry https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif my first pole was a PS pole too, and i hated it because it was so hard to take apart. im glad you got your rant out though, i hope so much things are better for you now! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

• SissyBuns

July 21, 2009 at 3:53 pm

Damn man. I’m so sorry to hear your frustration. I wish I had some inspiring words for you. I just hope you get it all taken care of and soon so you can get back on that bad boy!

• Trena

July 22, 2009 at 3:45 pm
  • amcut

July 27, 2009 at 5:06 am

woot woot!

THANK YOU KIM.
    She’s so tasty! I love/hate her, and it’s so love today! She got my pole parts in, it’s back up and working beaaautifully.

Hockey soldier- if it’s any consolation…. I’m probably just as big as your man, so installation is a breeze. And my ceiling is short enough that I barely even need to step on a chair, let alone use a ladder. And I bought a peek-a-boo for my first too, so no shame. In fact, we just have such a pole passion that we couldn’t wait to research and find the best pole, we simply had to PURCHASE and begin immediately. Peek-a-boos are like getting married in at 18.

• Veena

Administrator
    July 27, 2009 at 5:35 am

Oh….that sounded like it was a truly frustrating time! I’m glad its all fixed now. Yippy https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

• Charley

July 27, 2009 at 12:14 pm

I am so glad you got it worked out. I have had a wealth of problems with multi piece poles. I haven’t found a single pole that was just perfect in my eyes.

I have a PS pole stuck together in my car as we speak going from my trunk to my front seat. As a matter of fact over the weekend when I used my car for guests it was quite awkward for them to fit in around the pole and the hula hoop.