StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Floor Work

• Floor Work

Posted by Queenofwands10009677 on June 22, 2016 at 10:46 pm

My floor work is mediocre at BEST. How can I improve it? What kinds of things should I be thinking about when doing floor work/low pole work? It may seem like a very general question, but I have had good luck asking general questions on this site before. Thank you ladies for any/all help!

Queenofwands10009677 replied 7 years, 11 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Pretty Pixie

June 23, 2016 at 8:33 pm

Not an expert, but, some things I notice I like are straight legs, using the tips of platforms (keeping toes pointed), deep anterior pelvic tilting creating sexy lower back arches, and slow controlled deliberate movements.

• tiggertail

June 23, 2016 at 11:02 pm

Depend on what type of floorwork you like. I had 2 workshop on sensual floorwork and the main goal was to atually not think at all, really let your body follow to flow and learning on getttin smooth move like melting butter. Of course some of this can be use on regular pole move and floorwork too.

• Krabbette

June 24, 2016 at 9:35 am

Not an expert either, not at all. But I’m working on improving my floorwork as well. What helps me is watching other people do floorwork and finding out what I like, then just doing it and videotaping myself. Mostly the things I feel silly about doing are the things that look silly in the end. What I found out is the effect of a movement is much more profound if you are doing it because your body feels good doing it and likes to be watched doing it compared to just showing off what you can do, if you know what I mean. So, take your time, play around and enjoy your body. Be courageous and let yourself go.
    And yes, I too like straight legs and pointed toes, an archy back… also changes in speed and rythm, deliberate and confident movements… But as I said above, I’m not there yet, so if you come across any new insights, please share with us. Good luck to you!

• Queenofwands10009677

June 24, 2016 at 1:11 pm

Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond. Great tips!

• VerticalVixen

June 24, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Also, I look at floor work on Instagram done by Daria Che and Michelle Shimmy. They do different styles so I get some inspiration for my moves .

• Veena

Administrator
    June 24, 2016 at 10:18 pm

Everyone had some great tips! Also check out the lessons here! A great way to condition and develop great lines for exotic work is the Sexy legs and abs routine! It’s 18 minutes long and a great workout! If you missed out on seeing my lessons free when you signed up use this code GET3FREE to get three more days. I know you’ll love them!

• Queenofwands10009677

June 24, 2016 at 11:14 pm

Wow thank you Veena and all of the commenters I really appreciate it!