StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions First pole! 45mm or 50?

• First pole! 45mm or 50?

Posted by turkishDlight on March 31, 2010 at 10:15 pm

I am not sure how I am suppose to decide =X

I think I like the 50mm since it is the standard but I hear the 45 is a bit easier.
    What was your first pole and are you still using the same size?
    oh, and my hands are not necessarily small either, i have long fingers, thinking that might make a difference.

Sorry for sounding like such a newb hahaha.

Journey replied 14 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Tabbycat

April 1, 2010 at 12:08 am

If You’re not really petite in hand size, 50mm is probably for you. It is standard, and there’s more to grip with the rest of your skin. More width for your legs and arms to stick to. I’ve been on a 45mm before and it was almost strange to me how different it felt…A tad more painful on the pole sit too…but maybe that’s just because it’s not what I’m used to https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_scratch.gif

• Journey

April 1, 2010 at 12:51 am

50s are easier to grip with your legs, harder with the hands
    45s are easier to grip with your hands, harder for your legs

But since you seem to have larger hands, you might do just fine with a 50. Is there a way you can try them out? Like a studio or a friend who has one?

I have a 50 and am trying to get a 45 – but I have tiny hands, and it’s not like I hate having a 50 – I just want to have both!

I have noticed a lot of people making the switch from a 50 to a 45 though, but that doesn’t mean that you won’t prefer a 50 for yourself. Everyone is different. It’s also interesting to note that USPDF decided to use 45s in the competition this year… Also keep in mind it’s easier to switch to a smaller size, so if you got a 50 then decided to downsize it would be harder than going up from a 45.

Honestly, you can’t go wrong either way. I know it’s nerve wracking sitting there wondering which one to pick, but I’m sure you’d be happy with either one. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif