StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions First Performance Help Please :)

• First Performance Help Please :)

Posted by JoleneBell on November 15, 2015 at 1:33 am

So, my first pole dance performance EVER is in less than a month. It’s a sort of practice performance for me before the MN Pole Comp in January. HOWEVER, I need tips. Please! Any and all first performance tips are are so welcome! No, desperately sought after! Lol… I have performed in the past as a singer/songwriter, but this is different. I’m working on choosing a song also. I plan to wear all black, and Elastic Heart by Sia is seeming good for my song, but I don’t know if it will work for sexy style. It seems like it would lean more toward interpretive dance. Maybe I can make it work? The other song I’m looking at is Hell on Heels by Pistol Annies. I’m a little stuck because I want to do sexy style but avoid stripper style, as family members will be at the competition. I’m open to song suggestions for those of you who know me a little, combo tips, etc.
    I would so appreciate it!

JoleneBell replied 8 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • bigkitty1

November 15, 2015 at 2:42 am

How exciting!!!

• Veena

Administrator
    November 15, 2015 at 2:47 am

Fun and exciting!

Lots and lots of combos from beginner on up in the lesson here so feel free to look through those. You could look through the routines as well. This video gives 5 steps and 5 tips for creating a routine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhW5OcZoMRM

My tips would be:

Only put combos and move in that you are 100% comfortable with.

Don’t look down the whole time

Smile and enjoy it

Don’t try to focus too much on doing things that you assume would be impressive. Well executed clean basics are more enjoyable to watch than a trick that is sloppy and unsteady.

Go with the music that fits you best.

• JoleneBell

November 15, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Thanks so much, Veena! I feel a lot more confident and at peace with things now that you’ve told me this! I needed the reassurance too!