StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Finally.. The answer to sweaty hands

• bebealles

November 27, 2011 at 7:22 am

Here in Spain we are used to clean the pole and rub pats of  the body with gin. The barmen here clean tables with that too…. Before I go dance I clean the pole an while they are announcing me I rub the paper on hands, behind knees, arm grips…

I works great for me!

• heathalynne

November 27, 2011 at 3:35 pm

@Madfelice – Unfortunately Tite Grip INTL in AUS doesn’t have the new formula yet. Only http://www.titegrip.com and select studios so far. I think the only person in AUS that has a new formula tube is Allegra. Haha so if you see her, ask!

@tarah – It might be your body reacting differently to the acidity, or the humid climate needs more of a alkaline base like alcohol. iTac is the worst for me as I not only slip and reapply between each move, I sweat right through it. I might try Pole Physics body lotion next for that. Also the Tite Grip packaging does not say lavender or 2 bc the name was changed after the fact.

• RoseMay

November 27, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Is using 10% acidic vinegar okay or will my pole get damaged? I have no idea what white distilled vinegar could mean in german or where you could find it in germany.

10 % spirit vinegar is what I had at home and I tried it today – only had to wipe the pole down 2 times (usually I do that after every trick if I don't use grip aids) https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif But now the pole room smells really bad …

• Tine007

November 28, 2011 at 12:34 am

@RoseMay – in German it's 'einfacher / weisser/ reiner / Haushalts-Essig' or 'Branntwein-Essig', that's the clear cheap stuff you'd use to clean your coffee machine (as opposed to the (flavorful and usually colored) Weisswein-, Rotwein-, Balsamico- or Himbeer-Essig). Every supermarket should have it, and you probably have the right stuff already. You can also get 'Essigessenz', which is the concentrate – dilute according to what it says on the bottle. I'm pretty sure the standard vinegar is 5% acidity – so dilute yours by 2-fold  🙂

• RoseMay

November 28, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Thank you Tine https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif I'll put these on my next shopping list and keep an eye out … or I'll just keep using the one I have now 🙂

• monica kay

July 5, 2012 at 3:03 am

so i tried vinegar last night (it was apple cider vinegar my roomate uses to drink to detox … ew)

and omg i was amazed!  usually i slip and slide and fight with sticking to the pole but that vinegar stuff totally worked.  but the smell made me wretch a couple of times- seriously i got nauseaus.  I am going to try dilluting it solely to lessen the odor bc i just cant stand it.

• calipolepixie

July 6, 2012 at 12:17 am

I tried this tonight…it helped a little but I still slipped but at least wasn't as slippery as it usually is, so that's good. I still used some dry hands as well. I'm going to give it another try at my next practice. I still have hope.

• Scarlett Honey aka Lola Grace

July 6, 2012 at 1:25 am

Awesome tip, I shall try it asap. Have been sooo slippery lately… Dry Hands and hairspray hasnt been working for me… I think it's the cold. Can winter make brass poles slippery? rrr so annoying.

• Absinthe

July 7, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Thanks for posting this!  Using my TG X-pole has been a very frustrating experience even with alcohol, mighty grip, acetone, and itac.  Tried the vinegar (5% distilled white, undiluted) last night and was actually able to do a one handed spin without just falling straight down the pole.  Now there's hope that I'll actually be able to progress on my home pole.  Thank you Thank you Thank you!  (PS – I had such a craving for fish and chips afterward!)

• flygrlsim

November 20, 2012 at 8:00 pm

love that i found this tip! i recently got a pole for home and while i have decent grip at the studio where i dance, my pole at home is literally as slick/slippery as glass, rubbing alcohol works for 30sec MAYBE. lol. put the vinegar on our shopping list today and already ordered itac!!! i'm SO excited! whats the difference between itac and dry hands??

• RoseMay

November 21, 2012 at 5:25 am

itac is a grip aid that helps you stick to the pole and dry hands is an antitranspirant that stops sweating and adds a little grip as well.

If you're having trouble with sweat a grip aid alone is probably not gonna help as you're gonna sweat right through it. Though if you just have trouble sticking to the pole (coldness, dry skin, …) then grip aids are helpful.

I still like the vinegar, it allows me to work on moves that I'm already comfortable with for a long time until I have to clean the pole. It doesn't really help for moves that I'm not really comfortable with yet though. For those moves I'm still cleaning the pole after every trick.

• flygrlsim

November 21, 2012 at 4:27 pm

RoseMay, thanks, that makes a lot of sense! I dont necessarily have sweaty hands (maybe mildly so), its more that my pole is cold and in the winter I have dry hands so a really BAD combo! lol. so you use the vinegar to wipe the pole in place of alcohol? when does the rubbing alcohol come in? maybe at the end of the pole session to wipe/clean it down? lemme know! thx again!

• paintilady

November 27, 2012 at 12:16 am

This is interesting!  We have a few ladies that suffer so bad from sweat hands, I'm bringing some to the studio to try.  I do have a question though for you sweaty palm girls, have you ever stopped wearing anti persperant under your arms to leat the sweat come out there instead of your hands? We have tried this at our studio and it seems to help.

• Might Grip

November 27, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Dirty Girl Poletice is still the best and longest lasting product for hyperhydorsis. 

J

• Might Grip

November 27, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Dirty Girl Poletice is still the best and longest lasting product for hyperhydorsis. 

J

Page 7 of 8