StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Felix Cane instructional videos!!!!

• LopsiJulie

July 6, 2011 at 3:37 am

Thanks HellsBells… that's pricey!  😡

• kat pole princess

July 6, 2011 at 4:58 am

Yeah they are expensive but don’t forget ur gettin 5 dvds. IMO, these are less expensive then other sets like the ones from BeSpun.

• HellsBells

July 6, 2011 at 5:10 am

They are alot more than I paid for the Art of Pole 5 dvd set to be shipped to the UK.

• kat pole princess

July 6, 2011 at 5:19 am

Wow! That’s incredible! Maybe it would be helpful if we tell u how they compare to AOP to see if its worth ur investment. 🙂

• HellsBells

July 6, 2011 at 5:48 am

Yeah that would be great. I love Felix and these DVDs sound amazing. Can’t wait to hear everyone’s thoughts on them. Thanks katpole!

• Dancing Paws

July 6, 2011 at 10:57 am

Let me know what you guys think of these when you get them. I want reviews before I spend that kinda cheese right now.

• nymphdancer

July 6, 2011 at 4:12 pm

argggg I wish I hadn't seen this. I'm trying to be frugal this month and I'm a pole dvd junkie.

• nymphdancer

July 6, 2011 at 4:27 pm

ok is it sort of annoying to anyone but me that they don't really have any info on what is on the dvd's on the site (or not that i have found) its just sort of like here are 5 dvd's that felix put out buy them because she is wonderful (which yes she is, however I'd sort of like to know what is on them) and b) they are only available as a set?

• Runemist34

July 6, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Nymph- I found that the first link given on this thread (the felixcaneonline.com one) has some very good descripitions on what to expect from the DVDs, as well as prices for purchasing individually.

I was intending to avoid this thread…but, well, I was curious and bored, and having looked at them, I'm totally excited! I would LOVE to hear about any reviews on these DVD's after they come out, and perhaps I can save up some money and purchase them! Now that most of my school obligations have been cleared out (and, I must say…ouch!) and I should be working like crazy soon, I'll likely be able to do it!

• aliceBheartless

July 6, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Runemist, where do you see the descriptions?  I cant find them… Mahalo! 😉

• Runemist34

July 6, 2011 at 8:32 pm

If you click the link HollySatine put upn near the beginning of the thread, it should take you right to the page with the DVDs on, and if you click one of them, the deescription is just near the bottom, in smallish writing 😉

• Runemist34

July 6, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Oh jeeze, I’m sorry. If you click the link it doesn’t take you RIGHT there, you gotta go to products or shop or whatever on the bar at the top, you’ll find the DVDs there!

• Poleluver

July 6, 2011 at 8:53 pm

I didn't see the detailed info about each DVD, I would be interested in seeing a trailer on YouTube to see how bad I want it LOL

• JeHanne

July 6, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Adding this to my 'want' list. Agree a little extra marketing would be nice. She is such an accomplished and talented athlete. This is exciting news for the world of pole DVDs. 

• Runemist34

July 6, 2011 at 11:50 pm

Here guys, I know sometimes these things can be a pain, so I'll just transcribe the descriptions for each DVD for you! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gif

Beginner DVD: World Champion Pole Artist, Felix Cane, provides step by step instruction in this beautifully sequenced video of key foundational pole dance movements and techniques. Perfect for beginners, and chock full of key technical points for advanced students, too. Includes warm-up and over 30 Spins, Pirouettes, Poses, and variations.  Plus, learn how to safely pull into a first-level climb and begin training your body to invert. This DVD contains two terrific bonus routines that put these beginner moves together which you can learn to do from home. You will enjoy this DVD for fun, for fitness, and to feel amazingly sexy!

Flexibility DVD: Flexibility is a key pillar of overall well-being, health, body alignment, and symmetry – and in pole dance, it can make a significant difference in the pole moves you can do and how they look. World Champion Pole Artist and Cirque Du Soleil performer, Felix Cane, begins with a warm up that prepares your body for safe stretching and takes you through structured flexibility exercises that tackle every part of your body. This video is appropriate for YOU, and contains clear variation modifications whether you are already very flexible OR if you’re not flexible at all. Expect tremendous gains in flexibility for your overall well being, and to enhance your performance on the pole.

Artistry DVD: This brilliant DVD contains all the secrets of pulling your entire routine together with flavor and artistry. Details of foot work, arm and hand positions, fast and slow dynamics, shapes, levels, and more plus a bonus floor work section.  Incorporating floor moves adds visual variety, expression and new ways to exercise those muscles, and Felix takes us through more than 20 floor moves and variations, including two fantastic routines to inspire you to add more artistry and floorwork to your own pole dance repertoire.

Intermediate DVD: This exceptional DVD provides detailed, step by step instruction for nearly 30 key Intermediate level moves, including spins, signature climbing techniques, combos, and Felix’s one-of-a-kind mastery of inversions and poses. Plus, enjoy two beautiful routines that link the moves together in Felix’s trademark flawless, athletic and artistic style. Learn from the world’s best pole artist, as Felix delivers her world class instruction with step-by-step, clear and easy to view technical points perfect for today’s everyday woman to learn and accomplish.

Advanced DVD: Never one to hold back her training and competition secrets, World Champion Felix Cane breaks down nearly 30 advanced level moves and combos with step by step detail including Handsprings, mid-air Shoulder Mounts, Split variations on the pole, and the unique signature moves she invented and is famous for – like the contortion Eagle and Spatchcock! Enjoy two gravity defying and artistic routines and expect variations the everyday woman can work toward accomplishing AND variations that will challenge and test any trained athlete. This video is awe-inspiring and will leave you feeling invigorated and proud of the artistry and fitness encompassed in pole dance.

Much of this is what I like to call "advertising wank," but really, it does give you a relatively good idea of what kinds of things you will be learning with the DVDs. I think they sound really good!

Page 2 of 13